Gtx or Ultra opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
hey guys,
this is for the people who currently own the 8800 gtx or ultra version.

Im thinkin of upgrading my current rig again, i will be able to return the stuff since it hasnt even been a month.

I was wondering if i should go with the gtx or ultra card. I need to make sure it will stay cool in my case and that it fill fit.
My case is the cooler master 534.

I want to make sure i will be able to max out every game that is comming out this fall and next year. I also want to play it on the highest resolution my screen can handle

The cpu i will be getting is the q6600 and i will plan to oc that.

So please, any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

bench marks are *close* but I dont know if the Ultra is worth the extra cost. It may be something you might not even notice.

o no, i actually have all of this right now...im just not happy with the results.

I played WIC and i could barely play it on high settings with dx10.

My 3dmark score is 9000.

I just got my stuff 2 weeks ago so i can still return it for a full refund.

I do have some extra money to spare from my student load...so im wondering if ill be better off going with a quad core and a gtx or ultra.

I will probably get the quad because its only 100 more dollars and its future proof(hopefully).

If your tight on budget Id recommend the q6600 and 8800 GTX which by no means is bad but If you want the best money can get you get the q6600 and ultra but the increase in performance will barely be noticeable unless you play in 2560X1600

well theres is a 15% restocking fee for everything you return
thats going to add up to quite a chunk of cash

well theres is a 15% restocking fee for everything you return
thats going to add up to quite a chunk of cash

not if i tell them the item was defective...then they give the full refund.

And the max resolutions i can play in is 1680X1050.
I want to be playing with full AA and AS.

I just want to make sure i will be able to play with settings on HIGh all all way with my max resolution with no lag or problems at all.

If the gtx will be able to do that for me, i will get that.

The games im looking fwd to play are:
Crysis, cod4, far cry 2, world in conflict,nfsps....etc.

If those games are good for the gtx, then which one should i get ?i want to make sure it stays cool too
And will it fit in my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom