Not open for further replies.

Barewolf

Beta member
Hi

My Tech Specs are as follows....

AMD 2.1ghz
1Gb Ram
Windows XP Pro with Vista Transformation Pack 7

I normally use MSN 7.5 and it NEVER logs me out when I use that, but for some really odd reason last night I tried to log in as normal and got a window saying MSN can't connect me as I need to update to continue. This was annoying me as everytime I update to a newer version it logs me off MSN every few minutes while I am in the middle of a conversation.

I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite so I tried Disabling this but it still logged me out, I did a system restore and tried MSN 7.5 but that update message came back. I did a registry fix but that didnt do anything either. In the end I decided to update MSN to the "None US Version" because I am in the UK, this was more stable and now logs me out every 30 Minutes on average, but its still annoying and this is a nightmare when in a video call or multiple conversations.

I am lost as to what to do and there doesnt seem to be much about how to solve this issue, although many people have been having disconnection difficulty with MSN.

I don't understand why it wont connect me to MSN 7.5, Its not that old that you HAVE to update and i am left with few options if any. I am hoping someone here has an idea of what I could be doing wrong or if there is a solution to this problem.

The MSN Version is 8.1 Build (8.1.0178.00)

I also am using a router, thats a Linksys WRT54GS and I did add the port forward options to the config from portforward.com. I am not sure if this information is out of date or not, I just dont know what else to do.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

uninstall ZA. disabling it doesn't help as the vector part remembers the settings

I agree with EricB you should unnintsall that da***d firewall, it keeps on problems. Furthermore, msn is kinda stupid, when I inserted that i was 14 years old it prompted me that I can only use an age between 18 & 255!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom