Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - More RAM vs Tighter Timing?

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
veg1992
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: More RAM vs Tighter Timing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy3000 View Post
LOL, i upgraded from 750Watt Toughpower to Antec Quattro 850Watt, was gonna get the Cooler Master 850 Watt CompUSA.com - Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850 Watt Internal Power Supply Unit - RS-850-EMBA - Computer Upgrades Power Supplies

But decided, I want a Modular one. So got this Antec instead.

Also, I just reseated my heatsink, loving it. I found out that the thermalpaste I used, Zalman one, I didnt apply enough and it just wasnt touching the heatsink at all.

Now, I applied a Arctic Silver 5 on this one, in the middle and twisted it for 30 seconds till it got hard. Hehe.

Now temps went from 45C to 38C at idle. Not much difference but load made a lot of difference, 20C difference!
thats a bit overkill don't you think? settle with a corsair 520 or 620, and use the extra cash for something like a sound card with good speakers or something...
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.