ddr1 ddr2 graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob21

Beta member
Hi, I'm obiously new to upgrading my computer. I'm looking to upgrading my video card and I was wondering, whats the difference between ddr1,ddr2, etc..... Graphics cards? I have a Pci-express 16 slot, does it matter what the ddr is or as long as its the right slot, will it still work on my computer? The card I currently have is ddr1 and the one I'm looking to buy is ddr2, I was just wondering whats the difference and would there be any reason that it wouldn't work on my computer? Thanks

Hey noob21
Welcome-to-TF.png

It looks like you might have a little confusion.

...because when you say DDR and DDR2, that kinda looks like you're talking about the motherboard memory.

There is also onboard memory on the graphic card. First of all, which graphic card are you talking about?

BFG GeForce 7300 GT OC 256MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card Is the card I'm wanting to put in my computer, which I have the correct slot, I just wasn't sure about the DDR2 part?

Oh ok....that clears things up. Well it's not the memory on the graphic card, that affects compatibility with the PCIe slot. So that will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom