What Do I do With Tunic Tower T120 Clip and Lever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone use this clip to install their tunic tower? I am thinking it might be for another motherboard or something.

The clip is for AMD CPU's which is not the case for you. You ordered or have an Intel CPU. Thats only for AMD. duh....

Also, have you got your CPU yet? Grrr, lucky if you have the G0 stepping.

Oh well, Ill be replacing mine this summer though, well summer '08.

I just replaced it from an E6600 to Q6600.

So Ill upgrade it from Q6600 to the latest one for the price on summer '08.

CompUSA's replacement plan rules! It cost nothing to upgrade, just buy a new plan everytime hehe :D which is only like $10.00 for me as Im an employee.

There is one clip in an X shape, which the screw-holes form a square. There is another clip in a squished X shape, in which the screw-holes form a rectangle. Your mother board can only use ONE OR THE OTHER of these. You will use all the other parts, except for the silver piece of angled metal that kind of looks like a woman's hair barette.

I guess I explained that pretty poorly...basically there are lots of different sets to install the tuniq, if you are using the clip and level I am afraid I didn't go that route for my install...I went with the four screws with springs in them to clamp it down

I think the clip (refered to as the barette thing) is to be used if you have plastic anchors in the screw-holes, kind of similar to what some stock HSF's use

Edit: Basically what I am saying is, don't follow those instructions on the link you provided. You want to stick the black metal X with 4 squarely placed screw-holes on the bottom of your motherboard. Then on the top you want to seat your tuniq, with thermal paste between it and the processor, onto the processor. Insert the stainless steel "H" and use the golen screws with springs to clamp the X and the H together, securing the tuniq

What I like about the TT120 is that when I take it off, the backplate that goes on the back of the CPU stays on, it doesnt drop cuz theres that double sided tape in there. So I dont have to take the mobo out to actually put it back on.

But I hate taking it out in the case with the mobo installed, but better than taking the whole mobo out and everything apart.

Though, its not working very well with my CPU right now, maybe its my CPU :(

Thanks guys. By the way, I do have GO stepping. That is what SLACR means. Got it at ClubIT.com.

Ye, we know its SLACR = G0. Just wondering if you already have it yet. Cuz on your sig it said "Purchased and not Build Yet" So I thought it hasnt been delivered yet or anything.

Ye, we know its SLACR = G0. Just wondering if you already have it yet. Cuz on your sig it said "Purchased and not Build Yet" So I thought it hasnt been delivered yet or anything.

by now we all know what it means.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom