Overclocking memory and 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the multiplier at 9x, changing the cpu ratio will just adjust what speed the memory is set at. At stock and 2.0 which is 1:1 with the FSB your memory will only be running at 566mhz, to get a true 1:1 memory and fsb you'd have to bump the cpu up to 9x400 or 3.6ghz like i did :)

Leave the multiplier at 9x, changing the cpu ratio will just adjust what speed the memory is set at. At stock and 2.0 which is 1:1 with the FSB your memory will only be running at 566mhz, to get a true 1:1 memory and fsb you'd have to bump the cpu up to 9x400 or 3.6ghz like i did :)

actually it's 8X, so i'll keep it at that. I've got my cpu (c2d 6400) to go from 2.13 Ghz to about 3.5 give or take a few hundredths. And I was wondering, when I do 3dmark, my cpu score will fluctuate and has been dropping even when i haven't changed it the cpu setting. I've been trying to get it over 9600, which i got once. My highest cpu score was 3020, then it dropped to 3010, then it fell off to 2930 and to the hight 2800s. I have my clock speed at 440 and the multiplier at 2.00 and i have the cpu voltage at 1.59***v. I don't know if that's too much voltage for it or what or to much speed, but I've got the Zalman heatsink, so it's still at around 39 and 40* idling. and like 45-50 at full load. I was lookin' at the fsb overvoltage, and i'm not too sure what that does, would that aid in the overclocking. and how does the overvolting of the northbridge help? And how will i know what too much voltage to send to any of the components is? And one last question. i've found how to get to the RAM settings, but when i've read how to do it, it's all still pretty confusing. So i don't know if you can explain it good, or you have a link to a place that does. Thanks so much for the help, and thanks for any other help that i will be getting. You guys are helpin' a lot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom