Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

srman

Beta member
When I boot up my computer I get to the Windows loading screen. That displays for a second or two and then I get a BSOD. The error it gives me is, 0x0000007B (0xF7C46528, 0x00000034, 0x00000000). This isn't a huge issue as I would just reinstall windows, however, when I try to do this the windows installation doesn't "see" my SATA hard drive.

Yea, about that, I should have mentioned this in the OP. When I do that and after selecting drivers to install I get an error.

File \silicon\3112\si3112r.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 2108 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

import your sata driver into xp or vista with nlite or vlite

Could you elaborate please? I went to the nlite site and read about the program and how to use it, but (call me dumb) I couldn't see how it would help or how to do what you suggested.

I am using XP by the way.

There should be a sata driver on the website that you will need to add to a floppy drive. Then install the sata driver at the f6 prompt. We got in new hp laptops and they had the same problem, we needed to reformat them because they came with vista and xp couldnt see the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom