Help, First Build Questions - Building Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
How do I determine which screws to use to mount the motherboard in my case. The motherboard did not come with screws. The Antec 900 came with a bag of screws, several different kinds. The Antec 900 directions say to mount the motherboard using the phllips head screws, but there are long and short ones.

Next question, which holes in the motherboard do I use? The ones on the extreme corners or the ones 1/2 inch off of the edges?

Thanks in advance.

You would use short ones. They are like a quarter inch long. Just test the screws out, try screw one short screw in and if its goes in easily, that's the correct screw.

I think I figured it out. There are 8 red washers and 8 phillips head screws that are alike. There are 4 other screws alike and about 12 others. I assume that the number 8 is the key. I also think I figured out the mounting holes. They are the ones that are 1/2 inch off of the edges and with a row in the middle.

If you look at the board, the screw holes are already somewhat insulated like they are supposed to be. Its basically just bare board with no circuitry where the screws go through the board.

I think I got it. The standoffs are installed. I needed to install one more to get the Gigabyte in right. I still don't understand why I would not use the fiber washers between the screws and the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom