Vista - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

david15549

Baseband Member
I installed vista and it worked fine. When it started downloading updates it came up with the blue screen of death, and then it restarted. Now, the vista loading bar appears, then there's a pause and vista should load, but instead, the blue screen comes up.

I can't load vista now!

Help!

Go into safe mode and undo any changes. What is the error code that comes up? Is it a IRQ not less or equal to error? What kind is it? Only then can we help you out. The BSOD gives plenty of info we need that info.

A format is not the answer. Cause the problem could still persist. So formatting and re-installing will get you no where unless you can find the problem to begin with.

I think someone has it in their signature.

"Format is the n00bs answer to everything"

I will explain fully...

I have XP on one hard drive and it worked fine.

I put a new hard drive in and started the vista setup, but the hard drive that I wanted to install it on was not listed, so I quit the setup, and went into the bios to make the new blank hard drive the one to boot, so when I ran the vista setup, it would find it.

It installed, and after about an hour it restarted with a blue screen of death. I disappeared too fast for me to read it.

This problem carried on and on, even after reinstalling vista, and got worse. It was so bad - vista wouldn't load.

I turned off the computer and took out the hard drive with vista on, and told the bios to load the hard drive with XP on.

XP loaded, and I thought it was fine until my computer restarted itself with a BSOD (blue screen of death). I still could not read it as it was too fast.

So, I reset the CMOS (by taking the battery out for 20 mins) and loaded XP again, but there was a blue screen.

This blue screen stayed up, and it was an IRQ not less or equal error. I restarted the computer and XP started to load, but it did a disk check and restarted. When it started to load XP, another BSOD came up, but it was different.

The new BSOD starts with saying: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

I am stuck with this BSOD now unless I turn it off.

Hope this can help you solve my problem.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom