Hard Drive Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmaddogfreak

In Runtime
Alright, I think it's time to focus on Hard Drive cooling, I never gave it much thought, but considering i have a Seagate 500 GB perpendicular recording drive, i think it's time to focus on cooling it. So, I am open ears, tell me your experience, recommendations, specs, everything, I am eager to hear what you all have to say. Thanks.

BTW, i was looking at these coolers...

HDD Coolers

You may not need a hard drive cooler unless your drive is getting pretty hot. What is the hard drive temperatures?

My Seagate is at 37*C and my Raptor is at 33*C. The Raptor has this cooler.

I know SpeedFan can tell you the temps of your Harddrives (just google it). Can't remember if Everest can or not, though... Not at home right now, so I can't look for sure xD.

I'd only consider running a hard drive cooler if-

-Your case has low air flow
-You're running more then three hard drives by eachother
-You have a hard drive that seems to run hot
-You have generally high ambient temps

If you were going to run a Hard Drive cooler, I'd look into one of these two-

1)CoolerMaster CoolDrive Lite

2)Evercool F117 NightHawk Hard Disk Drive Cooler

Personally, I'd get the first one. If you have open 5.25 bays that is.

sweet deal, my laptop is runnin a lil warm, the Hard drive is at 43, CPU at 49, and the ACPI is at 35... I'll have to run this wen i get home on my rig. So @ wat temp do you think i should use a cooler?

You're not able to run a hard drive cooler in a laptop.

Atleast, I'm not aware of any laptop that has a case big enought to fit a hard drive cooler into.

Just buy a notebook cooler if temps are bugging you.

oh no no no, i am in class right now, i was just trying out the software, the computer i am thinking about cooling is my desktop, specs and pic in my sig

oh no no no, i am in class right now, i was just trying out the software, the computer i am thinking about cooling is my desktop, specs and pic in my sig

Oh hahaha. I was going to say haha.

That'd be worth it. It's always worth checking out. Just make sure you can justify spending $20-30 for a hard drive cooler.

I used to have a hard drive cooler in my old comp, but there was SOOO much dust, the screen came off for easy cleaning so it was nice, but the other thing is i especially like having hardware monitoring hardware. In other words, i want to be able to have a temp readout on my screen. I was looking at this fan controller, Aerocool Gatewatch II - Blackand then the first link u posted just now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom