BIOS Temp says 39C at Idle? Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe I'm wrong then and Pinoy just has a faulty chip or an incorrectly installed HSF, sorry Pinoy. OT*? What does that mean, sorry I don't know all of the forum lingo. My vCore is at 1.112 right now according to CPU-Z, I'm at stock speeds.

You can get a faulty chip? thats highly unlikely with cpu's. Maybe the thermalpaste is horrible :(

Its B3 Stepping, what can you expect also...... But I would be very happy to get a 35~40 idle temps. :(

Where can I find a cpu and hsf cleaner? whats HSF mean? Heatsink Fan? wahh?

Ima order one of those cleaner too just to make sure :D Before I apply the MX-2 that I will also order.

instead of buying cleaner, just get some 100% pure isopropyl alcohol...you know, rubbing alcohol, but 100% instead of 70%

you can mix it with water if you want, but it is not necessary.

by the way, rubbing alcohol is great for way more than getting old thermal paste off your CPU. the fact that it cleans and then evaporates completely makes it useful for other stuff. my dad's dad was a jeweler, and a really good but cheap way to clean old jewelry is alcohol and salt.

the same alcohol + salt method works to clean tar and resin out of your glass pipe, if you're old school enough to smoke a pipe and not cigarettes. any smoker knows tar is the most stubborn substance on the face of the earth...but rubbing alcohol, salt, and q-tips will get it sparkling

instead of buying cleaner, just get some 100% pure isopropyl alcohol...you know, rubbing alcohol, but 100% instead of 70%

you can mix it with water if you want, but it is not necessary.

by the way, rubbing alcohol is great for way more than getting old thermal paste off your CPU. the fact that it cleans and then evaporates completely makes it useful for other stuff. my dad's dad was a jeweler, and a really good but cheap way to clean old jewelry is alcohol and salt.

the same alcohol + salt method works to clean tar and resin out of your glass pipe, if you're old school enough to smoke a pipe and not cigarettes. any smoker knows tar is the most stubborn substance on the face of the earth...but rubbing alcohol, salt, and q-tips will get it sparkling

I used a 70% one, cuz its the only thing i can find. i got it from work so its free :D Its what they use to clean cpu's too

Oh ok, lol wow sorry for the DeeDeeDee there, those are supposed to be really good at transfering heat too.... hmmm... i agree with pinoy and ferarii and the thermal paste may be horrible. If you haven't done so, clean the thermal paste off, and try again. I remember wen i put my water block on the CPU, i used VERYYY little thermal compound. I actually thought i was gonna have to do it over again and put on more, but as u can see in my previous post on page 3 or 4 i believe, my temps are great even at a 10% overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom