How scaed have you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the opterons still have the pins on the chip, atleast the one i dropped did anyway (socket 940)

I honestly cant remember any time when i thought i fried something, except for the times i actually DID fry something. But these stories remind me why im so OCD when it comes to checking and rechecking that everything is plugged in properly before i boot up.

this happens to me every time...happened twice to me today actually.

building a new computer.
getting everything ready for the first boot up
hit the power button.....

NOTHING....

"oh, yeah...psu switch"

did it TWICE today.. lol two different builds. i felt stupid.

SO THAT'S WHY THESE 2 COMPUTERS KEEP DOING THAT!!!

lmao... i was thinking it was some kind of test.
god i feel dumb.

like when you try and install windows and you think that microsoft is playing games on you because random files will not copy that are required for it to run? I hate that, get so paranoid on that one.

Then there is when you turn a monitor off and it has a white dot in the middle, that sucks

then you have the times when you have a very expensive and rare cd inside your drive, and you eject, and its not there. JUST SIMPLY GONE!!! VANISHED....**** i never knew cd's could be eaten by a cd drive untill it ate my freaking greatst hits cd from like 1987 and scratched the top...

lmao i've never had any of those happen...

although on the third one i was thinking you were going to end with "i hate having two drives"

back in my foolish days of just downloading anythign and everythign i could (still do, except now i at least have a virus scanner) I opened this program, I think it was supposed to be a cracking program of some sort, and it said "initialising" no that's not my typo, that's wat it said, right then and there i knew it was bad news, but there was no cancel button. Then it opens my computer and the delete dialog comes up, i try to hit no, but i cant, my mouse bumps into he button like there is a wall around it, then all of a sudden, i see all my files vanishing before my eyes. All my music, douments, programs, EVERYTHING. then the screen goes black. I was in shock, with my mouth open, about to cry, then the screen says, "Thank God this is only a game" I was speechless.

^^ I can relate to the post above, but my virus was real. Did the stupid thing of allowing an automatic download/install from a shadey website, and as soon as it started I thought to myself "Ah, you *******". After 6 hours of cleans, I finally got rid of, but I was ****ed :(

But my biggest scare was on my first build, everything put together, now time to hit the power button and, nadda. Found out I forgot the 4 pin power connector to mobo, try again nothin. 20 min later dumby me finds out the power switch for the power supply isn't on. I have't fried anything, yet :)

Also on my first build, I never heard that the socket 775 cpu/mobo don't have pins that slid into the socket, and ever guide I had read said things about not 'bending' the pins when you install the cpu, and press down lightly till it slides in, and thats what i tried to do. Then I looked at the bottom of the cpu and all the pins looked bend (thats how they are supposed to be). That scared me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom