Q6600 vs E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
regular temps 30-40 celcius, Im int he upper range, that one pdawg guy is in the 30ish range. Your temps are way too high for stock, somethings wrong.

you and i essentially have the same setup

my temperatures are CPU 20-25C and SYSTEM 30-40C. THis is at idle. I'd love to get some temperatures under load, but I don't have anything to put my machine under load with! Maybe warcraft will be installed soon.

LOL, isnt that whats supposed to happen?

I was always under the impression that you should let it cure for a few days. ie dont OC till you see the normal temps drop a bit, if they dont then start pulling it apart and reapplying the paste.

my temperatures are CPU 20-25C and SYSTEM 30-40C. THis is at idle. I'd love to get some temperatures under load, but I don't have anything to put my machine under load with! Maybe warcraft will be installed soon.

20-25???? Is this at idle stock or idle OC'd? What are you using for cooling to be so low? Plus, what program did you use to measure that temp. I don't know about WoW but I'm pretty sure it's not a very stressful game. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oblivion is giving me a good workout though.

I was always under the impression that you should let it cure for a few days. ie dont OC till you see the normal temps drop a bit, if they dont then start pulling it apart and reapplying the paste.

Hm........... its been a few days now, well like one and a half days but the temp hasnt drop yet. ;(

it takes longer than a few days.

The cpu needs to run through several hundred heat cycles in order for the paste to cure properly.

it takes longer than a few days.

The cpu needs to run through several hundred heat cycles in order for the paste to cure properly.

Darn it........ How much temp drops would it be when the CPU starts to cure?

Before, when my computer is off at night on my E6600, my temps on the BIOS was always low, usually it goes to 30C but on this one the lowest so far after reseating is 44C.

I was hoping today it would be like 40C but nope :(

uh I dont know what to say but your CPU temperatures can't be that low, thats ridiculous. Like 30-33 celcius range is considered ridiculously low for a q6600 g0 at idle...unless your room is like 30 F

You probably used the inaccurate speed fan to tell ur temps which are 15 celcius lower then reality

Ya, a e6600 is like have the wattage of the q6600.. IMO quad cores should only be taken to extreme overclocks on water. :)

and idle temps shouldn't change much when you up the voltage.. it is the load temp that should always be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom