Best way to update BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Crap, I am nervous, why hasn't he come back yet.

:freak:

If he's okay I want to do the same thing tonight. F5 BIOS!

Good luck!

Holy Crap, I am nervous, why hasn't he come back yet.

:freak:

If he's okay I want to do the same thing tonight. F5 BIOS!

Good luck!

Oh man I havent come back yet cause I spent the last half an hour trying to fix my computer after the screwed up BIOS update! After running Q flash and updating the BIOS I thought everything went okay, and then it started beeping wildly and wouldn't POST. So I went to reset the CMOS battery, but then while I was doing that my tuniq tower screws popped up right before my eyes and fell on top of me. Of course it was like 100 friggin celcius which cause me to reflex and smash/cut my fist on my motherboard...I'm RMAing my entire system tomorrow right now Im on my brothers p3 laptop....

no just kidding, the whole thing went down pretty smoothly. The latest update was the F6 which seems to just address PS2 keyboard issues, still...wouldn't hurt to update. BTW I recommend using Qflash, I happened to find a FAT USB hard drive and the BIOS update files are super small, less then 1 mb. I saved my older BIOS just in case...

Oh man I havent come back yet cause I spent the last half an hour trying to fix my computer after the screwed up BIOS update! After running Q flash and updating the BIOS I thought everything went okay, and then it started beeping wildly and wouldn't POST. So I went to reset the CMOS battery, but then while I was doing that my tuniq tower screws popped up right before my eyes and fell on top of me. Of course it was like 100 friggin celcius which cause me to reflex and smash/cut my fist on my motherboard...I'm RMAing my entire system tomorrow right now Im on my brothers p3 laptop....

no just kidding, the whole thing went down pretty smoothly. The latest update was the F6 which seems to just address PS2 keyboard issues, still...wouldn't hurt to update. BTW I recommend using Qflash, I happened to find a FAT USB hard drive and the BIOS update files are super small, less then 1 mb. I saved my older BIOS just in case...

Wow, no lie, you had me going there!

So Qflash is the way to go, then? The included BIOS utility that shows during boot-up?

What happened to @BIOS, decided against it?

And I was under the impression that F5 was the newest BIOS, did that get "replaced" by F6? I guess newer is better, but today is the first day I've heard of F6 and I am hesitant...

Wow, no lie, you had me going there!

So Qflash is the way to go, then? The included BIOS utility that shows during boot-up?

What happened to @BIOS, decided against it?

And I was under the impression that F5 was the newest BIOS, did that get "replaced" by F6? I guess newer is better, but today is the first day I've heard of F6 and I am hesitant...

haha the part about me smashing my fist into my mobo after my **** tuniq tower fell off ( not TOO happy with tuniq tower 120s performance to be honest ) really made me laugh out loud, especially the part where I said I would RMA the whole system ( like they would even take that back ).

I decided against @BIOS because I couldnt find a way to completely stop running Norton Corporate Edition ( which I have...dont ask why :) and was worried it or zone alarm might stop the BIOS update process which would REALLY put me in a world of hurt. Updating before loading the OS is just so much more safer since you dont have any programs to worry about. I guess it can be compared to doing open heart surgery in a sterile clean hospital room as compared to doing it in an alley way...

F6 came out sept 7th btw...so its FAIRLY recent check the website urself

also make sure you get the rev number right, I have 1.0 ( it says on a sticker on the box and on one of the corners of the actual mobo itself )

also make sure you get the rev number right, I have 1.0 ( it says on a sticker on the box and on one of the corners of the actual mobo itself )

Thanks for the information, you make a good point...and you tell a good story besides! I believe you at first!

And I better check that rev. #

Leaving work to go yell at circuit city. cheers!

i had one question thought, does anyone know what the FLASH895.exe program does? It came in the zip file of the bios update and I haven't run it ( and frankly Im too scared to run it )

Thanks for the information, you make a good point...and you tell a good story besides! I believe you at first!

And I better check that rev. #

Leaving work to go yell at circuit city. cheers!

I used to work for Circuit City "FireDogs" they were the dumbest group of people I've ever seen. Our manager would come in and tell us that we weren't charging enough to our customers. The way some of our SKUs worked is that they were flexible and we were supposed to feel out how much the customer would pay and get that amount. Not to mention they hired the dumbest techs ever. After only 6 months I was the lead in the dept because I was the only one who actually knew what he was doing around a computer. One day "Pete" yelled at me for charging a university student $200 for a hard drive install and backup. He said that if he was doing the sale he would have rung it up over $400. I put in my two weeks that day. Never trust them with your computer unless you have heard good things about them. Word of mouth is powerful for computer repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom