Upgrade wishlist....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Wish list details

What else should I get? Im looking for a cathode blue light thingy so I can put it on the bottom and one in the support of my case. So two in total, or maybe one will be too poweful but I will put one on the bottom for sure.

so MX-2 is better? also, I want the G.Skill so I can stick with the same brand and same model with the same timing. That way it should overclock with no problems.

so MX-2 is better? also, I want the G.Skill so I can stick with the same brand and same model with the same timing. That way it should overclock with no problems.

oh ok.. then why not get G-Skill NQ's or HK's (red and white respectively)

Ok, grrr the HZ's price has gone up to $159.99 and Im looking also at G.Skill's 4GB 2GB x 2 sticks. They are just only about $40.00 ~ $50.00 more, should I just get one of those despite the timing being 5-5-5-15 and not 4-4-4-12?

If so which one of these four should I get.....

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I will consider not getting the HZ and get one of those 2GB sticks x 2 which should give me a total of 6GB in RAM. I mean, if your motherboard can support up to 8GB of RAM and you have a 64-Bit system, why not take advantage of it right?

Also, if I get a total of 6GB RAM, I read somewhere that it wont be possible for a Dual Channel or something like that. Not so sure where I read that.

What do you guys recommend? Get the 4GB or get the HZ for a total of only 4GB?

I would get the HZ's. I guarantee you will not see any advantage with 6GB of RAM. I'm not an expert on how all that works with the memory and dual channel but I would say it is a true waste to get 6GB of RAM. Alot of people think 4GB is a waste but I dont like to discourage it really because I was considering it for a while until I got to college and don't have the money for it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom