Computer boots up, but nothing afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem, not meaning to steal the thread in any means, being that we have the same problem.

I recently purchased peices for the computer, and had it built.. build as follows:

Q6600 G0 stepping
8800 gts 320mb card
2 gig crucial ram
antec 900 case
500w xclio power supply
p35 ds3r

well, my first week went great, I was shutting down the computer every night, it booted right back up every morning. About a week ago, I went to go turn on the computer one morning, and it didn't turn on. I unplugged the power supply cord, plugged it back in, and it booted fine.

The next day, trying to turn it on.. it didn't boot up again, I unplugged the PSU cord again, but that didn't help.. Now, when I go to turn it on, it just shuts on and off every 3 seconds rougly untill I turn off the PSU, everything is plugged in properly. I removed everything, plugged it back in, nothing helped.

One thing I noticed though, was on the mobo, next to the HSF, there is a 4 pin connector. When I unplug that. I can turn on the computer, and it won't continuaslly shut off, everything runs fine, including all the fans.. but still nothing comes up on the monitor, so I assume that 4 pin connector is needed to be plugged in.

My friend who built it for me, put everything on outside of the case, and I learned later that what he did was risky, he could have bent the prongs on the bottom of my motherboard, I haven't checked that yet. Could that be the problem, or could it be something else?

I just don't understand what the problem could be, although I'm not very experienced with this, so anything helps. Please identify my problem.. Thankyou all in advance.

try booting it with the motherboard out of the case. you might have a wire shorting out somewhere. i had a molex connector shorting out on my case causing mine not to boot.

I have the same problem ...changed out the mobo and cpu ..sadly still have the same problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom