Nvidia G92 is the 8700GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question. where do u learn all this stuff from maroon1? like about gpu/cpu's i would like to learn as much a you

Wikipedia, techreport, google ........ etc

And I use my brain

Apokalipse,

I edited my above post

Posted by maroon1

If R600 is more powerfull than G80 then I think it should have texture and pixel fill rate

But it doesn't
I didn't say R600 was more powerful in every single aspect over G80. Do I have to be extremely specific and explicitly state what is implied?

Generally speaking, R600 can process more than G80

LOL !!

What video card have 64 pipelines ? NON

R600 have 64 superscalar unified shader, not 64 pipelines
okay mister arbitrary label nitpicker. You're slightly wrong, too.
They're not superscalar unified shaders, they're superscalar unified shader clusters, because there are five scalar ALU's in each superscalar unified shader cluster

and 5 x 64 = 320

I just think "pipeline" is much easier to write down than superscalar unified shader or superscalar unified shader cluster

G80 have 128 superscalar unified shader
not shader clusters.

Yea, but the theoretical peak performance of G80 is higher than R600. But the difference is that G80 can't always reach it
It usually doesn't. While R600 usually does.

So the peak performance of G80 is somewhere between 345.6 GFLOPS and 518.4 GFLOPS
and usually doesn't get even close to 518.4

R600 is 470 GFLOPS
which it gets at least quite close to most of the time.

But non of what you said proves that R600 is more powerful than G80. The R600 might be more powerful in shader operations but in other things like texture fill rate and pixel fill rate R600 is less powerful
See above
But I didn't attack you
It seem that you don't know anything about video cards
And you said that it is a fact in your previous post. You didn't say that it is your opinion...
I still say it is a fact that R600 is more powerful. Just not heaps more powerful.

Again Apokalipse, you are wrong

Higher Gflops doesn't mean that the GPU is more powerful

X1950XTX is 375Gflop

If what you said is true then X1950XTX would be as good as 8800GTX, and much more powerfull than 8800GTS

But in reality X1950XTX is less powerful than 8800GTS, not only 8800GTX

HD2900XT usually get higher Gflops because it have higher shading power. And having higher shader power does not mean that the video card is more powerful because there are other things like texture fill rate

Apokalipse isnt saying the R600 is more powerful "overall", he's saying its more powerful in processing, which can challenge the GTX. GET OVER IT maroon1!

isnt purevideo for watching movies?
is it really better watching movies on there or is it the same if i watch in on line WMP or VLC?

isnt purevideo for watching movies?
is it really better watching movies on there or is it the same if i watch in on line WMP or VLC?

yep.. what it does is lower CPU and power consumption while watching Videos... thats includes Youtube btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom