What was your first computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, lets see if I can even remember that long ago. I believe the first computer I have ever used was a Windows 3.0 or was it 3.11?

But the first ever PC I built was a K7 AMD Athlon CPU that uses the Slot instead of sockets. It was a big cartridge CPU.

Suprised by how modern a lot of these are! Pentiums!!

We had an appleII, I still played spyhunter and mario brothers on it until it seized a couple of years ago. Montior just had yellow and black pixels.

Then an 8086, which was rubbish, kept crashing.

Then my pride and joy, a 486 33Mhz DX2, 8Mb RAM, 40Mb harddisk (or was it 20?). Good old DOS. And I do still play games on that. Had an external CD drive (woo, that was really top of the line in those days, it was hard to find anything that sold on CDs), where you had to put the CDs into these cases before inserting the cases into the drive.

Tons of great games, and if I'm honest, I'd say the gameplay of most of those games is as good as anything out today.

It was also early days of internet, so we had a program called Chitchat. Anyone remember that?

OMG! My father bought a NEC 1900.

166 MHz
3.2 GB HD
64 MB Ram

Hey played starcraft, all i needed back then :).

486 SX 33 MHz running Windows 3.1.. :D

For you kiddies that don't know, the "SX" didn't have a math-co-processor. Where as the "DX" version did. I think that extra feature cost another $400 back then. :|..

This system cost my parents $2500 I believe.

Yeah my first was an amiga 1200 which had a generous 2mb of RAM, some quality games on that beauty.. I even bought a 80mb seagate hard drive for it.

My first PC was a p133 with 32mb simm ram, 1gb quantum fireball hdd and a 2mb 2d graphics card (no sound), with windows 95.

First "computer" was an apple IIe with monocrome monitor, first real PC was a 386 33mhz WITH TURBO BUTTON, 4mb, yes i said MB of ram and 100mb hard drive. My parents upgraded it a few years later to 8MB of ram and a 750mb hard drive and got a modem! woo.

BTW this pc lasted me from 91 until around 97 or 98 when compusa put a boxed system on sale. Oh how times change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom