New Build: Q6600 G0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would go with the 1 HDD seeing as it has the comparable access times and save just that little extra.

The gigabyte P35 DS3R is a board used by a lot of forum members and unless aiming for something specific (like the wi-fi on the P5K) is probably one of the better options, also very OC'able. P35 DS3R

And if your planning on OC'ing it to high levels then the Tuniq Tower 120 is supposedly a good CPU cooler.

I am throwing a bit of money at it but I figure I won't upgrade again for awhile. What are some suggestions for comparable quality/performance at a cheaper price?

well not cheaper price but changing some components and leaving out some unecessary components..

I think you might be able to fit a 8800 gtx q6600 p35 ds3r

well not cheaper price but changing some components and leaving out some unecessary components..

I think you might be able to fit a 8800 gtx q6600 p35 ds3r

It is so hard to pay that much for a video card, lol. What GTX do you suggest?

So I changed out the HDD's, stuck with one 750 and dumped the second HDD.

Changed my mobo to the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R.

Check the front page for price and product update.

If you plan on overclocking the quad, get the antec 900 and TRUE 120, im running at 3.6ghz with that set up and i get around 40C idle and 58-60C load. The case pushes massive amounts of air past the giant cpu cooler. It also has a mount for a 120mm fan to blow directly on the video card which helps keep temps down quite a bit.

Thermalright Ultra-120 or Tuniq Tower 120 are both safe bets, both with lots of good reviews.

As for the case it looks nifty but take a look at the Antec 900 eitherway (Antec 900) as thats also a good case. I think either would suit, with the XCLIO being more roomy.
the windtunnel is an amazing case, i would take it over the antec 900 any day
and i'd suggest 2 x 320 gb RAID 0 instead of 750gb WD, but i'm a seagate fan...

If you plan on overclocking the quad, get the antec 900 and TRUE 120, im running at 3.6ghz with that set up and i get around 40C idle and 58-60C load. The case pushes massive amounts of air past the giant cpu cooler. It also has a mount for a 120mm fan to blow directly on the video card which helps keep temps down quite a bit.

I'm very hesitant with the Antec 900 because of the power supply location. I've read indepth reviews on both cases and they seem very identical, as far as cooling is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom