BIOS Temp says 39C at Idle? Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats funny is that the screws used on the TT are one of the bigger reasons i went with the TRUE, well that and its the best air cooler on the market atm.

Well i reseated it and temps on the bios is now 50C!!! Its still 50C even after over 12 hours of having my computer completely OFF and unplugged! My mobo temp when I looked at the BIOS was 28C and the stupid CPU temp was 50C. Thats almost twice as much!

I just wiped the thermalpaste to cover up the whole cpu heat spreader thing.

I wiped it all evenly thats it. Then put the heatsink on. I moved it a bit too to align the holes so I can secure it properly.

I got this thermalpaste Newegg.com - ZALMAN ZM - STG1 Thermal Compound - Retail

so it applied just like a white out.

Edit: I just noticed in the specification it says..... "Non-Curing Compound"

Does this mean the temps I already have is as good as it gets?

50 Idle is very high. I'm getting strange readings from my CoreTemp.

Right now my Q6600 @3.2 Ghz with a Zalman CNPS9500 is running at (43, 42, 43, 36). My question is why is one of my cores so low? It's always like this and it's not always the same core. One of them is ALWAYS 5-7 degrees colder at idle but under load they even back up. I ran Prime95 stress test the other day and after about 2 hours my temps looked something like (77,77,76,76). I know you shouldn't have your temps over 71 degrees, but 100% usage over two hours isn't something that I do on a normal basis. When I play games or watch movies I usually never break 61. Do you think I'm running too hot or am I ok?

My quad has the same problem, im guessing it has to do with both the heatsink and heatspreader not being perfectly flat. Some spots are going to have better thermal coupling and run cooler. Running orthos i have almost a full 10 degree difference between cores at 100% load :(

I guess a couple degrees difference won't hurt. Ten, sure is a big difference. Mine, usually has a 1-3 degree difference. But you guys should be ok.

Grievearz, 71C is acceptable for the G0 stepping. And since you won't be running with that setting 24/7, it's fine.

Hm... right now just doing normal stuff, surfing the web and afk for a while, my room was a bit hot when I came back from afk.

Not hot but warm. it seems like my fan is blowing hot air out which is good but the temps are still the same.

Right now temps are:

Mobo: 39C
CPU: 52C
Core 1: 63C
2: 66C
3: 61C
4: 60C
GPU: 55C
GPU Diode: 62C
GPU Ambient: 52C
GPU Memory: 55C
HD Seagate: 30C
HD Raptor: 32C

Hm.....

Gonna restart see BIOS temp.

Ok running it right now at stock speeds.

When i looked at the BIOS temp it was 60C, at stock it was 53C

The CPU temp went from 52C to 43C ~ 45C

All are stock speeds, automatic settings C1E support enabled to save power. Xcept the timing on the RAM i set to manual at 4-4-4-12, I could go tighter. But not just yet.

Temps right now are:

Mobo: 38
CPU: 43
CPU1: 54
CPU2: 54
CPU3: 51
CPU4: 51
GPU: 54
GPU Diode: 62
GPU Ambient: 51
GPU Memory: 54
HD Seagate: 30
HD Raptor: 32

Compared it to 3.0GHz overclocked temps below....

Mobo: 39
CPU: 52
CPU1: 63
CPU2: 66
CPU3: 61
CPU4: 60
GPU: 55
GPU Diode: 62
GPU Ambient: 52
GPU Memory: 55
HD Seagate: 30
HD Raptor: 32

Should I just run this at stock speeds just to be safe then overclock when the temps have really gone down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom