b1gapl help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, after having the computer off for more than 12 hours, the temps hasnt changed. I think it hasnt yet. The temp reading on the BIOS was at 50*C!!! and Mobo temp was at 28*C. How can this be possible?

Ok, after having the computer off for more than 12 hours, the temps hasnt changed. I think it hasnt yet. The temp reading on the BIOS was at 50*C!!! and Mobo temp was at 28*C. How can this be possible?

thats because the CPU needs to be on, preferably under load, for the thermalpaste to achieve nirvana.

thats because the CPU needs to be on, preferably under load, for the thermalpaste to achieve nirvana.

Oh really? I wish somebody have told me that.

Does it make a difference that I already had the computer off for 12 hours? Or I can still leave it on even with not at load? The temps are already 50C for the CPU and Cores reach up to 60C each! Loading it will kill it haha.

Edit: OMG stupid newegg raised the price on the G.Skill from $149.00 to $159.99

Grr and they are out of stock :(

i reseated mine last night, i used a very thin line of paste across the processor. seems to be running cooler than it was.

i reseated mine last night, i used a very thin line of paste across the processor. seems to be running cooler than it was.

Did the temperature drop right away? Didnt even need to wait for it to cure?

Did you have your computer on afterwards and till now or had it off? Need to know please hehe :D

its running cooler at idle at 3.2 than it did at 2.4

only by about 1-2* but thats a difference. im sure temps will drop in the next few days.

i had it on about 2 hours last night, then about 4 hours today. i dont keep it on at night. the case it to loud for me to sleep lol.

btw, your nail polish remover, does it contain oil? the oil is usually there for fragrance and that can affect the temp.

also when you apply the thermal paste, make sure you apply like this:
|
|
<___________|
^
that thing is the arrow. suppose to be facing southwest.
so basically from CA to NY. geographically speaking.

this was actually taken from a source but im not sure if i can post links to other sites here. you dont need to spread it out urself as well. just put HS and apply enough pressure to spread it out.

and make sure u dont have any substance or particles on the HS and CPU before applying paste. THAT INCLUDES YOUR FINGERPRINT!

btw, your nail polish remover, does it contain oil? the oil is usually there for fragrance and that can affect the temp.

also when you apply the thermal paste, make sure you apply like this:
| |
| |
<___________|

this was actually taken from a source but im not sure if i can post links to other sites here. you dont need to spread it out urself as well. just put HS and apply enough pressure to spread it out.

and make sure u dont have any substance or particles on the HS and CPU before applying paste. THAT INCLUDES YOUR FINGERPRINT!

ye that was the reason why I reseated it again, was because the first time I pushed the cpu down so its tight, and didnt clean my finger prints off and just put the thermalpaste on. Though, that one had better temps than after reaseating it right now.

Right now its still sitting at 50C and when I loaded it, it went to 70C!!!! and Each core went to 80C!!!

I cleaned all of them off when I reseated it. Both the Heatsink and CPU with a rubbing alcohol, did it twice to make sure, waited for it to dry off before applying the paste. It didnt take long for it to dry off since it was alcohol. it dries itself out.

But ye, im going to reseat it again for the third time when I get a new Thermalpaste when I order another set of G.Skill RAM and another Fan for my Thermaltake Armor, I want to get this front fan....

Newegg.com - Thermaltake A2309 iCage 5.25" bay convert to 3 x 3.5" HDD Module - Retail

I have plenty of room for it and It would be nice to have another intake fan in the front :D

LOL. but cant u just cusstom add the the fans into your armor? that piece is pretty pricey.
i thought the armor has adequate air flow thanks to the 'vent' design.

LOL. but cant u just cusstom add the the fans into your armor? that piece is pretty pricey.
i thought the armor has adequate air flow thanks to the 'vent' design.

Ye, I dont even know how to clean them yet. I have a few dust on the thingies, you know those little dust preventive thingy? whats the word for it... filters..... haha :D

Anyway, I think i have to remove the hard drive to clean those things up. I should look at guides or instructions on how to clean those up.

I dont know how to add a regular fan on the intake, I havent really tried figuring that out haha. Besides, the Cage Fan is kinda good because I have my wires hidden in there and if I just add a regular intake fan with no grills, the wires might even hit the fan. So The cage fan prevents that from happening too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom