8800GTS......Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting 60 idle with fan at 75%

I use to get lower temps with an older case...with that older case i had a 120 mm fan blowing right at it.

My case does have a side fan, but im not using it....maybe that might solve the problem.
My case is a cooler master 534.

So I just set clocks to 638/957 and got this score. I've got to say I'm pleased...I'm sure I can get a lot more out of this card as well since it didn't go above 61c in 3dmark06

gtsrun1ih4.jpg

This is interesting....I assume this shows that World in Conflict is quite CPU dependent?

The settings below are identical (1280x1024, preset "very high" settings)

7900GT @ 675/910

run1cs0.jpg

8800GTS @ stock 550/792

wicbenchsettingstm0.jpg

Good choice of case the antec 900, although after 9months of owning mine he top fan gave up the ghost yesterday so its not spinning at all, bit of a bummer but it hasnt really effected my temps what with having another 4 120mm fans and also my psu is acting as an extractor fan aswell so thats 5 fans effectively, but i cant knock the case though apart from the crap 200mm fan.

Good score there, although im not sure why your trying to extend your 3Dmark score, you can play almost any game on high settings with that card at stock.
i guess its just the done thing to try and get a high score lol

Good choice of case the antec 900, although after 9months of owning mine he top fan gave up the ghost yesterday so its not spinning at all, bit of a bummer but it hasnt really effected my temps what with having another 4 120mm fans and also my psu is acting as an extractor fan aswell so thats 5 fans effectively, but i cant knock the case though apart from the crap 200mm fan.

Your antec case should have a warranty...I would call up Antec or whoever you purchased it from.

Nice, what CPU do you have?

I also have one question, when you overclock your CPU does it affect your graphics card at all? When I OCed this Q6600 to 3.2GHz 400MHz FSB x 8 Multiplier at 1.35 Volts, my FPS on 3Dmark dropped dramatically as if I was overclocking the GPU but I wasnt.

Is that suppose to happen? If you OC your CPU it can degrade your graphics card performance? I was going to restart the computer to see if it solved the issue but decided to just underclock it back to 3.0GHz instead.

Nice, what CPU do you have?

I also have one question, when you overclock your CPU does it affect your graphics card at all? When I OCed this Q6600 to 3.2GHz 400MHz FSB x 8 Multiplier at 1.35 Volts, my FPS on 3Dmark dropped dramatically as if I was overclocking the GPU but I wasnt.

Is that suppose to happen? If you OC your CPU it can degrade your graphics card performance? I was going to restart the computer to see if it solved the issue but decided to just underclock it back to 3.0GHz instead.

When you overclock your CPU it affects your GPU score slightly, yes...but it shouldn't degrade it! Perhaps something went funky in the bios and your PCI-Express lane was set to 1x or something?

hey gurusan i have the wic demo too and i was dissappointed with the results.
I went into the advance options and maxed out everything, i also enabled every option except vsync.

The fps was pretty bad.

I thought i will be able to max out everything with no problems.
I have the SC evga 8800gts. would oc the card help at all?
I still need to oc my cpu, im trying to get it to around 3.2ghz.

I really want to be able to see all the eye candy, then only i will get the game.
I am playing this game in vista, so DX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom