Question about my Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poemaster

In Runtime
I just overclocked my Q6600 to 360x9 My temps from CoreTemp are about 35 Idle is this good?
also CPU-Z alternates between showing my a 360x6 result and 360x9 what is going on Core temp consistently shows 360x9 I am confused

That is called speedstep. If your system is ideling, it knocks the multiplyer down to save power. When you start an app or a game it goes up to 9, don't worry. You can also disable it in BIOS if you want it to always be 9.

Thats about right, i knocked mine back up to 3.6ghz last night and running orthos i get 61C on cores 0 and 1 and around 51 on cores 2 and 3, im starting to think lapping is in order. At idle with 1.35v i'm at around 40C, but its only 70F in my apt.

Thats about right, i knocked mine back up to 3.6ghz last night and running orthos i get 61C on cores 0 and 1 and around 51 on cores 2 and 3, im starting to think lapping is in order. At idle with 1.35v i'm at around 40C, but its only 70F in my apt.

How much does lapping knock down your idle/load temps by. If its 2-3 degrees is it worth doin?

It's worth doing if done correctly, and with patience. It takes a lot of hours to get it right. I've seen some drop by as much as 5 degrees, which is a pretty good drop.

I am at 1.320v I have yet to Orthos I will prolly do that tonight things have been running smooth though

as far as Lapping goes seems like way to scary a process for me, not something I will be trying anytime soon

you do know the recommeded limit by intel is 71*C

i ran mine over that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom