Computer boots up, but nothing afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzey

Solid State Member
Greetings all.

I'm having trouble with a machine. It's an old machine (AMD3200+ 64 Socket 939/1 GIG DDR 400/250GIG SATA / K8NXP ASUS Mobo / Dual 6600gt GPU).

I recently pulled it apart, gave it a good dust off and rewired it a little.

Now when I go to turn it back in, it turns back on but nothing appears on the screen. I can open CD roms, fans are spinning. Etc.

- I do not get a beep from the motherboard.

- I have tried all ram in each slot.

- I have tried seperate monitors (the not getting a beep indicates something..)

- I have looked over the wiring, everything looks to be in place. The only thing I did was remove a floppy drive I don't use.

My guess is that I've bumped something....what's crucial? It's done this once before, and it just started working again (which points me towards a faulty connection somewhere).

Any advice?

Rhys.

Try to reset the BIOS by removing the small battery on the motherboard for 5 minutes and putting it back in. Take the video card back out, clean the contacts and reseat it. Do the video cards have power plugs? If you had SLI, is the bridge on?

Well, I'm about to try removing the battery, but wouldn't video card have nothing to do with it if I'm not even getting that little beep from the Mobo?

Sorry.

I couldn't get the battery out.

I took out the video card again, and cleaned it and put it back in, didn't help.

What I was trying to say was, the problem ISN'T to do with the video card, because my motherboard isn't working BECAUSE I'm not getting that "beep" when you turn on your PC.

I went to take off the heat sinc, but couldn't get it off. I pushed the arm back down so it's holding firmly. The heatsinc spins when I turn it on. I did feel the heat paste move when I tried to lift it up.

Its possible you pulled the CPU out of the socket enough to cause no power or signal problem .I ve actually pulled the whole CPU out along with the heatsink b4 hehe . It never hurt the processor tho. Id try taking the CPU out and reset it . Twist the heatsink carefully as you pull slightly up .
Find a manual on the board online if you dont have 1 and Reset CMOSS jumper .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom