Nvidia G92 is the 8700GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If R600 GPU is more powerful than G80, then I think the R600 should have higher texture fill rate and higher pixel fill rate

untitledbn7.jpg

It seems that GTX have much higher Texture fill rate

Video Card Comparison - GPUReview.com
It has higher shader operations/sec, which are used a lot more for games.

It seem that you don't know anything about video cards
I am getting tired of your attacks. Seriously, this is immature.

the RV670 is meant to replace the x1950pro. It will most likely be a great performer but it's a midrange card really...there are no high end cards coming out til at least sometime next year...not from ATI or Nvidia

u remember the X1950XTX? I heard it was the best DX9 card that ATI offered at the time. If not mistaken, ATI will most likely release an RV670 card that is Pro n XTX, making the XTX more reliable to purchase then Pro for high-end computers for gaming. I want the XTX version, not Pro so i wouldnt call the x1950 Pro really midrange card, unless u some proof n prove me wrong.

u remember the X1950XTX? I heard it was the best DX9 card that ATI offered at the time. If not mistaken, ATI will most likely release an RV670 card that is Pro n XTX, making the XTX more reliable to purchase then Pro for high-end computers for gaming. I want the XTX version, not Pro so i wouldnt call the x1950 Pro really midrange card, unless u some proof n prove me wrong.

By all indications the RV670 will be a midrange "pro" card, I have yet to see anything that says otherwise.

Also why are you talking about the x1950xtx? That's the R580+, a revised version of the R580 and completely different from the R570 (pro)

By all indications the RV670 will be a midrange "pro" card, I have yet to see anything that says otherwise.

Also why are you talking about the x1950xtx? That's the R580+, a revised version of the R580 and completely different from the R570 (pro)

ok u know what ill shut up now because i didnt know that the XTX n Pro r differ GPUs so u basically hit the target.

i just hope there is a revision of the RV670 for an XTX. I apologize for confusion.

graphic card debates always end up getting kinda messy and illogical purely because none of us are graphic card designers and don't understand everything about it. Surely theres always more to a cards performance then just numbers on a piece of paper, much like with cars.

Bottom line is, you buy the 2900xt and ill stick with my GTX and ill be happy getting more fps then you in games :p but you'll be happy getting the higher numbers in sythentic benchmarks

Bottom line is, you buy the 2900xt and ill stick with my GTX and ill be happy getting more fps then you in games :p but you'll be happy getting the higher numbers in sythentic benchmarks
well now you're diverting from the original point.

First, you said that the X2900 was crap.
I pointed out that R600 is actually more powerful than G80 - but let down by drivers

Secondly, I own an 8800

Thirdly, I pointed out that the GTX is not always faster than X2900, with current drivers, so you won't always be getting higher framerate with a GTX if I went with an X2900

Forth, better drivers for ATI cards are coming out all the time, and the performance of R600 relative to G80 has been increasing with these driver releases. I won't be surprised if R600 starts to outperform G80 GTX more on average than GTX outperforms R600, when significantly better drivers are released.

graphic card debates always end up getting kinda messy and illogical purely because none of us are graphic card designers and don't understand everything about it.
Which doesn't mean these debates can't have valid points. We can know something about the graphics cards, even if we can't know everything about them.

Surely theres always more to a cards performance then just numbers on a piece of paper, much like with cars.
Yeah, but those numbers don't mean absolutely nothing.

It's like having a fast car with a good driver, verses a faster car that has a not as good driver

Forth, better drivers for ATI cards are coming out all the time, and the performance of R600 relative to G80 has been increasing with these driver releases. I won't be surprised if R600 starts to outperform G80 GTX more on average than GTX outperforms R600, when significantly better drivers are released.

Apokalipse, u saying u still have hope for the HD 2900 XT to outperform the GTX with better drivers in future benchmarks? If u remember correctly, the HD 2900 XTX is suppose to go against the GTX, not the XT, but the XTX failed in sampling n probably most likely never come out since AMD already r announcing plans to launch the RV670 when it could be better then the XT n XTX. Anyways, the XT is suppose to go against the 8800 GTS, not the GTX, so it's really hard to see the XT outperform the GTX in most tests.

im sry to bring ur hopes down, but until we see better drivers for the HD 2900 XT, im getting the RV670. Plus, the XT consumes way too many watts n that is a thumbs down, as well as not having a UVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom