Does this look like too much Thermal Paste???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
I came to the conclusion that my tuniq wasn't cooling to my satisfaction

So i think i had to much MX-1 on it.

These are the best pics i could get, my camera sux.

MattsPictures258.jpg

MattsPictures259.jpg

hm. i re-applied the MX-1 like the AS5 says to (in a straight line across the CPU) instead of the pea size in the middle....its already running cooler

im back to my 3.2Ghz settings maybe i will finally be able to get 3.7Ghz stable.

I guess the old pea size doesn't work anymore. Did you do a line across the whole surface of the CPU?

for best results supposedly you put a line dpwn the center of quads and a rice/pea/bb/wtf ever you want to call it for other (single/dual core) cpus.
and yeah, see how it is running off the side of the cpu heatspreader? that = too much. you probably need about half that much mgcook. i know it doesnt look like a lot when its just chillin there (b4 you put the hsf on), but it will spread out, as you can see. you dont need very much.

for best results supposedly you put a line dpwn the center of quads and a rice/pea/bb/wtf ever you want to call it for other (single/dual core) cpus.
and yeah, see how it is running off the side of the cpu heatspreader? that = too much. you probably need about half that much mgcook. i know it doesnt look like a lot when its just chillin there (b4 you put the hsf on), but it will spread out, as you can see. you dont need very much.

Ditto.

Personally I find easiest way is to put a small amount in the middle of the CPU, then seat the HSF slowly while twisting it from side to side just a bit. I've found this way automatically spreads it out evenly and eliminates air pockets.

I've tried the credit card method and smoothing it out with my finger wrapped in cellophane, but it just never seats correctly unless I do it my way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom