Symantec NoNAV for Norton CE 10.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyhame

Beta member
I am in the process of removing the abortion known as Symantec Norton Antivirus CE 10.1 from my network.

Symantec support has provided me a Verbose program called NoNAV to remove it. The problem I have is that I have 8 remote sites and about 300 machines and need this done ASAP and can't be going to each computer to run this.

Does anyone know of a version of this that runs in a winXP command line environment?

Symantec told me the F off essentially and that I'm on my own. Any method that can get this piece of worthless Symantec crap off these computers is welcom advice.

if your using a login script for you clients, like im using script logic, you can set it in there that on logon to run the NONAV and your users will do the work for you.

I feel your pain!

I too am trying to uninstall CE 10.1.4.4000

unfortunately - since our support eneded with symantec 4 months ago - I can't get them to give me nonav... and I am unable to find one yet that works.

Did yours work? if so - can I have a copy?

Thanks

Dave

Hmm...we have a rather large deployment of 10.1.6.6000. Around 12,000 PC's corporate wide. Really don't have any issues with it that I am aware of. It seems to do what we ask it to do.

we've had a real bad 'go' of symantec products in the past year or so...

the products are okay - not great - and the support... DON't get me started!

anyway

we've moved away from BE11D - after a catastrophic failure and couldn't restore from it (we now use CommVault) ... and now we are migrating to Sophos for AV... as soon as I figure out SMS - I'll get rid of Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom