How scaed have you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
when you've made a silly hardware mistake do you poo your self not literally but anyway, today i inserted my gfx card with the power cable in, rebooted, "no signal" crap crap crap fried my mobo, it fort id f****** my PCI-E slot becuase my onbard gfx worked fine

turns out the monitor was trying to get a signal from VGA not DVI, i pressed a button on my monitor and whola, phew,

other stories may be interesting

Well after I lapped my e6300 my puter wouldn't post. That had me panicked for awhile until I found out it was faulty ram.

I installed a new stick of ram, and it wouldnt boot, it finally did, only 256mb of ram was showing, and I had a 256mb and a 512 installed, oh crap oh crap i thought, opened up case, ram was halfway in, oh crap i fried it i fried it, i thought, pushed it in, and worked fine.

Then my new pc, I put it all together, and hit the button, nothing happened, oh crap OH **** (600 dollar pc mind you) looked in thru window, and the 24pin was not connected.

First time overclocking.. pushed my video card a little too hard and my screen blacked out.. Rebooted and it was fine lol

I had this computer I was upgrading. It had a slot CPU socket. When I pushed the CPU in, I heard a crack. When I booted, the board lit up in fire. That scared me a bit.

First time overclocking.. pushed my video card a little too hard and my screen blacked out.. Rebooted and it was fine lol

Ditto. I did that yesterday. Luckily, VPU reseted the card.

I had a 7800GT that I bought cheap... What I didn't notice was the blown resistor... So when I plugged it in and powered up... FIRE!!! I literally had flames in the machine... I panicked so bad my first thought was my drink sitting on the desk... went to grab it and then slapped myself for being STUPID! Blew on it real hard and the flames went out... needless to say I couldn't use the card any more... (Imagine sitting on the floor under the desk... seeing that, then reaching for your drink... then pulling your hand away and slapping the bad hand for doing it, like it had a mind of it's own!) LOL

I almost **** my pants when I don't post lol. One time i was doin wire managment and i forgot to plug pcie power back in, and i try to boot up and hear a loud squeak, scary as **** too. My stomach almost turned inside out, then i found out was wrong i slapped myself for being so stupid lol.

Not really a computer issure....but one day my brother and I had an argument. Later when I was cutting the lawn he took my PSP and threw it in front of the lawnmower....I ended up destroying a 250$ piece of electronics.

haha sorry but thats quite funny, you must have felt like beating the crap out of him

i've shorted a molex on the case with a voltmeter before, big spark and the psu went off - but it was all fine.

Another time I dropped a 2-way opteron and mashed the pins, managed to straighten them all out with a knife and install the CPU before the owner came back in the room though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom