Brand New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my sig :) So far ive been stable up to 3.6ghz. Not orthos stable, but stable enough to play every game that im running, not to mention running at 1920x1200 with all settings at high. The ultra is somewhat overkill when you can just overclock a gtx to the same level and save 100 bucks.

Ultra can OC higher.. Also has less power consumption and runs cooler.

Okay,

I think that I have found the Board OF Boards

I took a look at the ASUS Site and Saw that they had a board that I had not looked at before. The Blitz Formula. So I went ahead and read some reviews, and some of the experts are saying that the aboard is an overclocking beast, ever better than the P5K's.

If anyone has any info on the board let me know.
And thanks everyone for your time and help!!

It is a bit of a beast from what I hear. If you can afford it, its not a purchase that I can really fault. Don't forget that I will overclock best if you use the built in water cooling block.

So great motherboard, with many great features (no SLI bear in mind), watch out, you might have problems with fitting an aftermarket HSF. Just remember that you can get a GA-P35-DS3R for 1/3 of the price.

havent those black dragons no heat spreaders? i would rather stick with a heat spreader ram set if im o/c

i would recommend these parts:

cpu: q6600 g0
cooler: tt120 extreme
ram: gskill hz's or ballistix's
psu: corsair 620w
hdd: seagate 320gb 7200.1rpm 16mb cache
mobo: ds3r (sli =waste of money)
vga: evga 8800ultra (not an oc one)

sli is a waste of money, if u have two ultras when the 9 series comes out just the one card will kill the sli'ed ultra's. and dont waste money on oc'ed vga's coz u can do it urself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom