Overclocking memory and 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
Hi, I've just built my first computer. I've been overclocking the cpu and what not, and have been experimenting and learning a lot. My first question is how to change the timings or whatever on my RAM. My mobo is this. It doesn't have the option of changing the setting for ram. I'm not sure if there is another way to do it. My next question is how to overclock the 8800gts. I found that coolbits doesn't work, and i put the nTune on it, and still can't figure it out. My final question is just for some tips on combinations and how stuff kinda works, and on overvoltage. I'm starting to understand the overvoltage of the cpu. I have the intel 6400 that at 2.13 Ghz, and I've got it to 3.3Ghz give or take I can't remember correctly. And one last question, could someone explain all the numbers on 3dMark05. I've run the tests, but I have no idea what numbers are good and what not. Thanks in advance, and I know that's a lot of questions, so if there is a web page that explains a lot, it would be much appreciated with a link. Thanks again. Gavin.

To set the timings on your RAM, press Ctrl+F1, when you're in the main BIOS menu. Then go back to the MIT. You should see the timing settings there.

For overclocking the GPU. Most use Rivatuner or ATI Tool.

speaking over overclocking the 8800, is there a way to force ati tool to overclock by default or will i always have to go in and load the overclocked settings.

speaking over overclocking the 8800, is there a way to force ati tool to overclock by default or will i always have to go in and load the overclocked settings.

You have to make a profile, so ATI Tool can load it up, when Windows starts up. To do this:

-Make a new profile.
-Save overclocked settings, to new profile.
-Go to settings on the bottom right.
-Select startup, from the drop down menu.
-Select the box that says load profile on startup, and select your overclocked profile.

Ah ok, ya i already have a new profile made 650/900 but i just have to open ati tool each time i boot and load it.

Before you OC your 8800GTS, I'd suggest looking into an aftermarket cooler for it. I have the EVGA 8800GTS and after playing games for awhile it's hot to the touch, I can only imagine how how it'd be if it was overclocked.

Just like I told somebody on here this morning, the card runs hot as it is with that stock cooler, overclocking it with the stock heatsink will only increase your chanes of it overheating.

Right now im overclocked to 650mhz and 999mhz on the memory and never go above 68C. But i also have a 120mm fan blowing right on the card and AS5'd the stock heatsink.

alright, I'll look into an aftermarket cooler.

I have to other questions now. I have the p35-ds3r as i said before, and i'm still messin' around with the cpu oc'ing and what not. I have a question about the "CPU Clock Ratio" option. From what i've got on researching the topic is; the cpu clock ratio is the ratio between the fsb speed and the multiplier, but with the bios on my board it's got an option for the multiplier and one for the "CPU Clock Ratio" which goes from like "1 X" to "9 X", so my question is how this plays in with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom