Nvidia G92 will be $199 only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but I don't think that extra video memory will give any performance increase anyway. I would just get the 256MB version

8700GTS is going to support newer features like purevideo 3.0, HDMI, and it will run cooler than 8800GTS because of the 65nm die shrink

8700GTS will be a great video card for both gaming and multimedia

That makes sense.

I remember hearing someone talking at a local PC store.

They were talking about Nvidia's next card and how they're going to base it off the 8600 dye or something, so it'd be great for HD media playback.

With the HDMI support on the 8700, will that also transfer audio as well?

Yea but I don't think that extra video memory will give any performance increase anyway. I would just get the 256MB version

8700GTS is going to support newer features like purevideo 3.0, HDMI, and it will run cooler than 8800GTS because of the 65nm die shrink

8700GTS will be a great video card for both gaming and multimedia

don't forget DX 10.1 support

but MINE!!!

i was about to buy the evga 8800gs, but would this be a better option becuase of dx10.1 and such? i plan on running crysis and game heavily, would this be the better option over 8800gs? btw i cant afford more than the 8800gs, so the gtx and ultra are WAY out of my price range (im 15 and jobless lol)

also would the extra ram be more worth it for the 512? or is it just a waste

thanks

The new specifications of these cards, such as DX10.1 and HDMI, is not a significant boost to the card's performance, compared to others that do not suppose those features. But they'll run cooler, since they have a smaller die.

It's called the 8800GTS by the way. No such thing as an 8800GS.

The extra VRAM is not really worth it, as it won't really increase performance, by just doubling the memory.

whoops sorry about the gs gts thing. I could be wrong but didnt nvidia announce that crysis and the new games would need dx10.1 not just 10?

The new specifications of these cards, such as DX10.1 and HDMI, is not a significant boost to the card's performance, compared to others that do not suppose those features. But they'll run cooler, since they have a smaller die.

It's called the 8800GTS by the way. No such thing as an 8800GS.

The extra VRAM is not really worth it, as it won't really increase performance, by just doubling the memory.

So the 8800GTS will still be better?

Im thinking this card is the one I want!

whoops sorry about the gs gts thing. I could be wrong but didnt nvidia announce that crysis and the new games would need dx10.1 not just 10?

Nvidia did not announce that, and DX10.1 is not required to play Crysis. That would be a bad move on their part, because most people planning on this game, already have a DX10 card.

Deadpixel said:
So the 8800GTS will still be better?

Im thinking this card is the one I want!

Yes, the 8800GTS is better. The G92 is more like, closing the gap between the lower and higher end 8 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom