Difference between Q6600 and QX6700

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, exactly. Most games are single threaded anyway, so you want a much performance as you can get out of each core, so you OC. It also means you can get more performance for your money. My E43 at 3.2GHz easily matches a stock X6800, for a fraction of the price.

woot my 3600 scores higher than x2 6000's in 3dmark06. and that was before i put in the 2nd 7900gs. can i just say..."crush". yay-yer.

The Brisbanes are very OCable chips - @3GHz+ they will crush the FX series for a fraction of the price. The Q6600s and the QX6700s are great overclocking chips - if you can cool them! Core speed is probably the most dependant on performance - just increasing Core Count wont do anything much!

Get the Q6600.

If you are a gamer, you're going to want it, especially if you aren't going to be running an uber high end graphics card.

I'm reffering to Crysis mostly. It's going to support 4 cores, as will more and more and more games.

Just get the Q6600 and get a good cooler for it and OC it.

They can run stable at 3.0ghz. 4 cores running at 3.0ghz is pure brutality.

Alot of games are multithreaded and have been for awhile now. Take Quake 4 for instance.

Say you're playing Quake 4 on a dual core. Then for some reason your anti -virus software starts running a scan in the background. With 4 cores, you won't have to worry about any interuptions.

The Brisbanes are very OCable chips - @3GHz+ they will crush the FX series for a fraction of the price. The Q6600s and the QX6700s are great overclocking chips - if you can cool them! Core speed is probably the most dependant on performance - just increasing Core Count wont do anything much!

yep... but a couple of weeksago you can get the AM2 FX-62 for like 150$ but i'd pick that over a Brisbane anyday :)

My Q6600 has unlocked multiplier, but it only shows 6-9, so I only input 9, didnt try 10. Could I have changed it to 10?

^ a q6600 doesn't have an unlocked multiplier... its partially unlocked.. maeaning that you can only drop it to a certain extent.... but MAD's are half locked meaning you can just drop the multiplier, unlike FX"s where you can increase and decrease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom