b1gapl help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Okay, i just touched my TT120 Heatsink and omg, its like room temperature, barely any heat. I touched the copper side too, the copper tubing on the TT120 and it wasnt even hot. Does this mean that I applied too much or too little thermalpaste?

Should I redo it now? :( Grrr, i cant take the stupid TT120 off, its stuck in there, I put it too tight that I cant even take it back out anymore. Ahhh my fingers are numb from trying to take it out and unscrewing it.

lol...Do you really have to call out my name?...there are a lot of people here, who are just as helpful.

Anyway, why are you looking to reseat the heatsink? Is it because, of your load temperatures? Give it a week. You've just installed the Q6600, correct? So the thermal paste hasn't cured yet.

If you really want to redo it, use pliers to turn the screws, if you can.

lol...Do you really have to call out my name?...there are a lot of people here, who are just as helpful.

Anyway, why are you looking to reseat the heatsink? Is it because, of your load temperatures? Give it a week. You've just installed the Q6600, correct? So the thermal paste hasn't cured yet.

If you really want to redo it, use pliers to turn the screws, if you can.

Ah ok, I should give it a week? even though when i touched the heatsink it was basically the same temps as the room temperature while the computer was running. Kk, ill take your word hehe :D

And as for the pliers, i cant even get my hands inside the case to undo it, its really tight, i may have to remove the mobo if I want to take the heatsink out which will be a pain. :(

Thanks though, ill give it a week and see what happens. Ill report back here :D

Dude if you're running a Quad Q6600 @ 3.0ghz and the heatsink feels like it's room temp, something sounds wierd.

Or it's one **** of a cooler :)

Also, I should have you know that I touched the CPU in the middle to press it down :(

I just read the guides on how to apply a thermalpaste and they said not touch it cuz of finger prints and oil.

I didnt use a rubbing alcohol on it after I touched it :( Grrr ahhhh, I did on the heatsink to so I could clean it up. :(

I'm not entirely sure what you just ment to say, all I'm going to say is this.

Rip that sucker off (Slowly and carefully of course), set it aside, take out the CPU, take off the compound from the heatsink and CPU completely ( fingernail polish remover and q-tips), insert the CPU, apply thermal compound, lock the CPU down, put the heatsink back on, and turn back on.

But since the compound won't be set and whatnot, I'd take your OC back down to stock for heat sake, since the compound isn't full dispensed yet.

Ok omg 36 minutes to be exact to reseat it and put a new thermalpaste on. Phew..... I just did it!!!!

when i took it off, the cpu was like clogging full of thermalpaste and the heatsink was too. So I used rubbing alcohol and cleaned both of them off, the cpu and heat sink. Wow that took 36 minutes including putting it back on.

Luckily I was able to find a needle nose plier so I was able to twist the knobs/screws off the TT120 Heatsink and took all of them out.

So when I started the computer back up, i got a long beep! I was like wtf. Then I realized I forgot to plug the PCI-E Power connector to the graphics card. So I quickly turned it off, then pluged that PCI-E power in to the GPU. Then when i rebooted it, it said, overclocking wrong or something like that and go to the bios for setup. So I went there, looked at the temperature and it was 47*C!!!!

Hm.......... maybe because I just put a new thermalpaste on?

Ok, here are the temps on Everest Readings...... Why did it get soo high?

here are the before and after temps....

Before Reseating:

After Reseating:

So is it because I just put the thermalpaste on? I put like very little thermalpaste btw. I just dipped it in once, then it was not a lot, so I just spread it all the way accross.

Is this idle or load temperature? If that's idle after reseating, I'd be very worried. Even if you have just reseated, it shouldn't be that high.

I'm not entirely sure what you just ment to say, all I'm going to say is this.

Rip that sucker off (Slowly and carefully of course), set it aside, take out the CPU, take off the compound from the heatsink and CPU completely ( fingernail polish remover and q-tips), insert the CPU, apply thermal compound, lock the CPU down, put the heatsink back on, and turn back on.

But since the compound won't be set and whatnot, I'd take your OC back down to stock for heat sake, since the compound isn't full dispensed yet.

When I used the rubbing alcohol on the heatsink and cpu, i didnt remove the cpu from the thing, I just rubbed it in the top of the cpu, the heat spreader where the thermalpaste are. was I suppose to remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom