monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
I recently got a used lcd monitor from someone. It had nothing with it to hook up to the computer so I went out and bought what I thought was the right cable for it. HD15m/m is what I got. But when I hooked it up the monitor would keep flickering off and on while it was booting up and when it got to the welcome screen it would just stay black. And when I shut the monitor off then on it would flicker off and on right after that. So I don't know if if I have right kind or not or am I doing something wrong? I made sure it was in tight and everything.

It's not the graphics card cause it works with another monitor. But it's a not an lcd monitor.

It's hard to play around with the settings if the screen is black. If I click the source button off and on or shut the monitor off and on then the screen will flicker on for a second then goes back to black. If the setting is on dvi would that be the cause of this? Would switching to analog fix it? I know it would be a pain to try and switch it since I will only see the screen for a second at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom