Intel P31 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another difference is that, the P31 has the ICH7 southbridge, while the P35 has the ICH9.

Other than supporting only 4GB of RAM, they're very similar. They're overclocking capabilities should be similar too.

All the P35 chipsets, support the future 45nm chips. This is a great motherboard, if you're tight on money, have no need for RAID, and no need for more than 4 SATA ports.

Ye, I was like why did I even think of getting the 680i and trade my P5B Deluxe over it? I dont need three PCI-E slots, I wont be doing any SLI just yet, so no need to switch. Besides I like my ASUS atm. :D Best BIOS interface I have ever seen, but then again, its the only mobo that I actually looked at the BIOS.

I looked at pics of the BIOS of the 680i and kinda hard to find the things you want to do. But the good thing about the 680i was that it shows the current settings, so if you just came from an automatic settings and want to do a manual/expert settings, it shows you the current VCore its running at, that way you know that you have to set it higher than that if you are going to overclock :D

Also on the 680i, the battery is just right in the corner where nothing is on the way of it, and its soo easy to take out incase your overclocking is messed up. But I dont have to worry about taking out the CMOS battery on mine :D

Ye, I was like why did I even think of getting the 680i and trade my P5B Deluxe over it? I dont need three PCI-E slots, I wont be doing any SLI just yet, so no need to switch. Besides I like my ASUS atm. :D Best BIOS interface I have ever seen, but then again, its the only mobo that I actually looked at the BIOS.

I looked at pics of the BIOS of the 680i and kinda hard to find the things you want to do. But the good thing about the 680i was that it shows the current settings, so if you just came from an automatic settings and want to do a manual/expert settings, it shows you the current VCore its running at, that way you know that you have to set it higher than that if you are going to overclock :D

Also on the 680i, the battery is just right in the corner where nothing is on the way of it, and its soo easy to take out incase your overclocking is messed up. But I dont have to worry about taking out the CMOS battery on mine :D

yeah, I was considering a new mobo and I also have a P5B deluxe

but really there's no point - tom's hardware benchmarks always use the P5B deluxe to test and compare to new chipsets...there's hardly any performance gains that would justify a new mobo.

Plus the P5B is rock solid stable - and that cmos reset feature by restarting is AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom