New Quad 3DMark Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might have put to much thermal paste on there

and you gotta let it cure for about 3 days before you see the minimal temps you will ever see

ye, i think i did put too much thermal paste there. Do I have to redo it or will it like dry off and make it better as time comes?

No lol, if you put too much then you'd have to start over. I usually put a 4th of a pea on it. The least amount you can get on it while still providing a solid layer is the best. No metal showing, yet just bearly that.

Thermal compound is only meant to be an interface between the CPU and HSF or Water block. Meaning, if you have too much you're further seperating the two.

No lol, if you put too much then you'd have to start over. I usually put a 4th of a pea on it. The least amount you can get on it while still providing a solid layer is the best. No metal showing, yet just bearly that.

Thermal compound is only meant to be an interface between the CPU and HSF or Water block. Meaning, if you have too much you're further seperating the two.

True, too much is like having none at all.

True, too much is like having none at all.

Grr omg, hm........ I used this thermalpaste right here.....

CompUSA.com - Zalman USA Thermal Grease - ZM-STG1 - Computer Upgrades » Cooling

It wasnt really too much compared to like using a regular thermal paste. It was sooo thin when you apply it so I put a bit more than I did on my E6600. But not a lot really. It applies like um....... a white out or a manicure perhaps. Its really thin coating thats why I put a bit more so it actually does create a contact between the CPU and the Heatsink.

And also, are the Cores suppose to be hotter than the CPU itself? On my E6600, they were about the same temps, but this one seems to have the cores running hotter than then CPU temp reading.

I know that the thermalpaste I used was horrible but it was the only thing I could find at CompUSA! Grrr lolz, there was a CompUSA brand but I dont think that was any better than this one. And if I used that one, I know that that one would be more thicker than the Zalman one I used.

i use that

i actually think i also put to much on my tuniq. i'll prob rip it all apart later this week and re-do it. to see if i can get any lower temps

im riding at 70*C full load in Orthos. idle is around ~40*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom