New Quad 3DMark Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's room temperature?

Room temp is like 65*Fahrenheit. Im freezing in here lolz.

Anyway, Im OCing it now at 3.0GHz 333MHz x 9 Multiplier at 1.3Volts, Is that enough Voltage for the VCore? Cuz on my E6600 it was like 1.3625 Volts. This is like a few steps down. Not sure what the VCore should be at 3.0GHz 333MHz x 9 Multiplier for a Quad Core should be. Anyone have any ideas?

Wow, ok, at BIOS it was like 49C at my overclocked settings at 3.2GHz, I guess I wont OC it?

Right now at Stock Settings, Im not doing any load the the CPU at all and here are the temps reading from Everest.
Motherboard: 35C
CPU: 38C
CPU#1/Core#1: 48C
CPU#1/Core#2: 49C
CPU#1/Core#3: 45C
CPU#1/Core#4: 46C
GPU: 52C
GPU Diode: 49C
GPU Memory: 52C
Seagate HD: 30C
WD Raptor HD: 30C
CPU: 2150 RPM
Chassis #3: 1507 RPM
GPU: 1494 RPM
CPU Core: 1.22V

These are stock settings!
Those I think are too high temps for not doing anything. Im just typing this message here and those are the temps for it on Everest.

check Coretemp

what cooling are you using?

71* is the recommended limit by Intel

I ran mine for over 8hours at 70,70,66,66

whoa jeez...man you guys remind me of why I don't OC to such speeds. I don't think its worth the risk for the minor performance gains, I mean why not just keep it at 3 ghz which is more then enough for anything for the next year or so. I haven't even OCed yet...

Wow, ok, at BIOS it was like 49C at my overclocked settings at 3.2GHz, I guess I wont OC it?

Right now at Stock Settings, Im not doing any load the the CPU at all and here are the temps reading from Everest.
Motherboard: 35C
CPU: 38C
CPU#1/Core#1: 48C
CPU#1/Core#2: 49C
CPU#1/Core#3: 45C
CPU#1/Core#4: 46C
GPU: 52C
GPU Diode: 49C
GPU Memory: 52C
Seagate HD: 30C
WD Raptor HD: 30C
CPU: 2150 RPM
Chassis #3: 1507 RPM
GPU: 1494 RPM
CPU Core: 1.22V

These are stock settings!
Those I think are too high temps for not doing anything. Im just typing this message here and those are the temps for it on Everest.

Stop using Everest try Coretemp. Ive done a lot of research on other forums and it seems Coretemp is the most trusted temp monitoring program for the q6600 g0 and it reads the tjunction at the accurate 100 celcius. Your temps are even hotter then mine at stock according to Everest which shouldnt be since my room is like 85 F while yours is 65.

whoa jeez...man you guys remind me of why I don't OC to such speeds. I don't think its worth the risk for the minor performance gains, I mean why not just keep it at 3 ghz which is more then enough for anything for the next year or so. I haven't even OCed yet...

Hey, urs is running at 3.0GHz? Wat VCore is yours at? Mine right now is at 333MHz FSB x 9 = 3.0GHz but with 1.3VCore, not sure if I should lower it more.

Hey, urs is running at 3.0GHz? Wat VCore is yours at? Mine right now is at 333MHz FSB x 9 = 3.0GHz but with 1.3VCore, not sure if I should lower it more.

I said I haven't OCed yet but when I do ill go to 3 ghz and leave it at that. To me its not worth the risk pushing it hard and hot to get to 3.2 or 3.4 on air cooling ( esp since my room is always hot )

haha i dont have a 3yr warranty for nothing :p

i cant wait to see what i can get out of her when i add some watercooling. im hoping for at least 3.8-3.9 if not 4.0 with reasonable temps.

Ok, just did another 3DMark, on the CPU test, temps went up to 61C for the Cores and the CPU went to around 58C. I dont know why but right now idle temp is at 46C on the BIOS that was at 1.362 Volts though, but now I changed it to 1.3Volts.

Heres my 3DMark at 3.0GHz - 9561 vs 9288 at stock.

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

Also, im using TT120 for my Heatsink, maybe its uninstalled properly? Ill double check that tomorrow or when I leave to college which is on Friday, before I go ill double check it so I know that I have to reseat it. But when I installed the Heatsink, I know it was installed properly. I added the thermalpaste, quite a bit too, and then put the heatsink on.

The TT120 is kind of tricky to put in there cuz the ASUS P5B Deluxe has this barrel looking like thingy on the motherboard that sometimes gets on the way of the Heatsink, the first time i tried to install it, it was on the way and the heatsink was on top of that barrrel thing and not even touching the cpu. But I know this time I made sure it was touching it and that the Barrel like thingy are out of the way.

This barrel thing is what im talking about....

13-131-045-04.jpg

Its next to the CPU socket.The little circle thingy.

you might have put to much thermal paste on there

and you gotta let it cure for about 3 days before you see the minimal temps you will ever see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom