First Time Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
c_ro11 said:
ok, one thing that most people seem to over look is the power supply! The one that u want to get (in that case with a top handle) says 400W, but IT IS NOT 400W!!! All Generic power supply's are misleading with wattage... and with a cheap power supply (like the one your getting) WILL blow and take your computer with it. I work at a computer store and I see this happening ALOT! people that have a dead pc cause of a cheap power supply! DO NOT go cheap on a p/s get an Antec, Thermaltake or Enermax minimum 420W!

My PSU will come with my Antec case (430W). Am I ok with that or should I get another one?

Wow, thanx for all the posts! It's been helping the decision making process a LOT! Two things are still bothering me. The first being the case. I've heard a lot about the antec sonata: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-127&depa=1 But it IS a little too pricey for me :-\ I've heard Enermax isn't too bad either, so how about this case which is more in my budget? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-124-061&depa=0

Also, I've heard mixed reviews on the ATI 9600SE. I don't plan on doing THAT MUCH gaming...I'm into things like The Sims, and I also watch movies pretty often on the computer... Will this card suffice? Or is a second edition card really not good?

One more thing, how's the onboard audio for this motherboard? I've heard it's pretty good...

Ok, looks like a great comp, but i would reccommend getting a better case, and video card. If your a casual gamer i would recommend upgrading to the 9600xt at least.
Also to save money scrap the extra cd drive you wont need it cause ur getting a combo drive anyway.
Otherwise looks great.

Thanks...i decided to go with the ATI AIW 9600 because I like the idea of the tv tuner, remote...etc. It was between the XT and the AIW. Also, I'm going with the antec solo series II ...seems pretty solid! I just wasn't plannign to spend that much, but i'd rather spend more than have the PSU conk out or short out any of my components. Plus i decided to go with sturdier and better quality than a cool look! Why spend if you're not gonna spend on good stuff?! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom