Help Building Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutnm

Beta member
hi, i would liek to introduce my self, i cam from computer forums and came here to expand my horizons with ur knowledge, i need some help.

my friend wants me to build a computer for his work and im not to upto date with hardware, he said he wants the best of the best with no price limit so, he'll pay the price. i all readt know the videocard im going to get (2x nVidia9800). so ill need you help in finding the best of the best

Motherboard- for SLI and supports 8 Gbs
Power Supply Unit -???
RAM - Need 8Gbs
Hard Disk Drives- 4x 750 Gbs
CPU- AMD or Intel- Just make sure its fast
Optical Drives- X2 make sure this can do most jobs and fast

thanks a bunch

Hey jutnm
welcometotf2xr9.png

What kind of work is he looking to using this computer for? You don't need to have the best of the best, to have a great system. You can build him a great system, and save the rest for future upgrades.

Agreed about the PSU (OCZ = ripple = bad), but he wanted SLI (god knows why), which warrants the 680i chipset. I personally would recommend the eVGA NF680 instead of the striker, as I have heard of quite a few Striker problems when fitting all 4 slots of memory (its really really picky).

Oh, and the Geforce 9*** series won't be out for a long while

i would ditch SLi.. i'd say not get a striker extreme and instead get more overclock of the q6600 instead of SLI.. thats -what i meant above ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom