Just go the Quad Core Q6600.... Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
How can you tell if you have the G0 or B3 steppings before opening the box?

I got one but I dont see anything that says G0 or B3.

Hehe, Ima gonna install it in just a few minutes.

Any precautions I should do before I take the old E6600 and install the new Q6600? Should I change the BIOS settings from Manual to Automatic? So it would run perfectly at first bootup? And just overclock it later once I know its running well? I am also replacing my Power Supply to the one below....

CompUSA.com - Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850 Watt Internal Power Supply Unit - RS-850-EMBA - Computer Upgrades » Power Supplies

Going to use my replacement plan at CompUSA to replace what I already have and get that one. It will cost me only $30.00 more plus tax to upgrade :D

You should reset the BIOS, and re-overclock.

Look at the model number, on the box. Look for the letters "SLACR". That would indicate a G0 stepping.

Why do you need that much power? Your system, is not even going to use all of it.

look for the SLACR on the box as said by b1gapl.. or you can go into CPU-Z once its installed and look at the Stepping... it'll say b3 or G0

woot woot ok, i cant find that in the box! I just installed it and omg I just got a new power supply. Its the Antec TruePower Quattro with 850 Watts! BTW I got that for free basically cuz I used my replacement plan! And the CPU too I got it for basically free cuz I used my replacement plan on that as well!!!!

Woot I have yet to see the CPU-Z to find out if its a B3 or G0 Stepping. I have to clean up my room first haha. I made a lot of mess with a bunch of wires and stuff from the PSU cuz its modular.

Ill post pics of new 3dmark benchmark score and cpu-z pics and everest too. Gotta eat and clean room first. BRB

well that check if you have the latest version.. cuz some older versions label all q6600's as b3's

well that check if you have the latest version.. cuz some older versions label all q6600's as b3's

It shows this in CPU-Z, but its ok right though?

Also, in Everest temps are showing at 55C and im not even doing anything, thats the temps for each core!

The CPU temp is showing at 37C. Im not overclocking right now btw. Its all running at stocks speeds.

Also, my Vista Score went from 5.8 to 5.9 hehe :D My OC'ed E6600 was at 5.8 in Vista now my score is at 5.9 All stock speeds :D

Gonna overclock it but have to find the right frequency. Should be able to do 333MHz FSB x 9 Multiplier for a 3.0GHz easy and RAM maybe at around 1050MHz.

But I'll try to find out how far I can get this at stable speeds. Gonna do a 3dmark After I eat. BRB haha again lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom