Vista defragmenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm sure those that have Vista have used the Defragment Utiltiy already. Have you noticed how "dumbed" down it looks compared to XP and Windows 98? For me, I like to be in control and see the time lapse, the little bars move, or something visual to see just how fragmented my HDD really is.

It's like what my corowker told me: "My PC have been working on this **** defragmentation for 4 hours now.... and I have no clue, what so ever, when it will be done!!"

I suppose from a programmer's point of view, it's not that difficult to throw a progress bar in.

However I do like how the disks get defragged at low CPU priority and uses low priority I/O. This in turn, helps to ensure minimal impact and high responsiveness for the rest of the system. This is a big change from XP where the system was more or less unusable when defrag was running. Remember how slow that was and how we were'nt allowed to do anything when undergoing defrag?

I just thought I rant a little on this since I've been running this defragmenter for over 8 hours now!!!!! When will it stop? I need a sign.

I just use O&O defrag. I like it a lot better than the windows versions

you got a corolla?

I got an XRS.

Ashampoo Magical Defrag is the best, IMO....as it does constantly in the background so all your drives are always defragged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom