BIOS memory freq. for LESS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
ok guys i went into my bios this morning to check my cpu temp. and i looked at the memory frequency and it said 266mhz but when i overclock my cpu from 2.0ghz to 2.4 it says 319mhz its weird and i know for a fact i have have DDR400mhz 1 gig and i DEFINITLY know my motherboard supports it. soo do you think that my cpu isnt using the full power of that pc3200 400mhz? or what ? thx guyz

its easy, the bios set the memory speed equal to the front side bus, which delivers optimal performance. You cant set it to 400mhz though, unless you overclock even higher.

SewerBeing said:
its easy, the bios set the memory speed equal to the front side bus, which delivers optimal performance. You cant set it to 400mhz though, unless you overclock even higher.
allrihgt thanks man so if i got a 2.8C pentium 4 800mhz FSB then my memory sould run at 400mhz? so by getting that PROC it will pretty much speed EVERY componet up?

if your motherboard supports it yes. But try to oc your current chip further, I want to see your results.

SewerBeing said:
if your motherboard supports it yes. But try to oc your current chip further, I want to see your results.
i just OC it to 2.8 and my mem said 372 but it doesnt seem to upgrade my benchmarks A LOT just a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom