Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

is that a 900? you may need to cut holes in the mobo tray to feed wires thorugh only if your tht bothered about it tho :D

is that a 900? you may need to cut holes in the mobo tray to feed wires thorugh only if your tht bothered about it tho :D

That can't be a 900, if you're referring to the Antec 900, because the PSU would be on the bottom. There would of also been a 200mm exhaust fan, at the top.

It's a cheap case I bought for asthetics. It comes with 2 120mm and 1 80mm fans. See my avatar. Nothing wrong with venturing outside the societary norm.

looking back, i realize i can do a lot more with the wires under the mobo.

Let me rephrase, I could do a lot more with the wires south of the motherboard. lol.. the ones on the bottom of the case.

I recently completed my first build and wasn't sure where to begin with the cables. I found some good ideas from this thread. ie turning my HDD around, cables behind the mobo or outside the case.
Hardware.jpg
Hey, that XFX board uses the same design as the Foxconn C51XEM2AA and eVGA 590 board

Definitely the same exact board. Here is the Foxcon.
Overclocker Cafe - Foxconn C51XEM2AA Mainboard
yeah, I have the Foxconn.

What would help is if you went with SATA, rather than IDE (though that does cost money)
I use only SATA in my system, including my DVD burner, and four hard drives (1x74GB Raptor, 1x320GB Seagate, 2x750GB Seagate) - which means I only have one SATA port left.

The pics I have in this thread are with 2 x hard drives, so it's kinda messier now. But the Lian Li PC-A70 case I'm getting should make a big improvement on that.

I'm going to make my own power cable that will have 5 x SATA connectors on it in serial (which will be much tidier)
I have already bought the connectors. I just need to get wires for it, and the time to make it.

I'm also thinking about modifying the EPS 8 pin connector with longer wires, so I can much easier hide the molex and P4 connectors

I may even cut a couple of holes in the motherboard tray so I can route the wires through them.

What i dont get is, why do people get 74gb hdd ? Is it just for the OS and then get a bigger to install applications?

What i dont get is, why do people get 74gb hdd ? Is it just for the OS and then get a bigger to install applications?
It's for my OS and main programs.
I mean, I do have two 750GB drives and a 320GB drive. the 74GB Raptor I got is for its speed (it's a 10,000RPM drive with a 5ms seek time).

Back
Top Bottom