fanless CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start off by saying, you are gonna need a pretty damn powerful rear exhaust fan to get any decent temps. Let me continue by saying, that you can not cool a prescott passively (no fan), it doesnt work. Next, modern cpus use too much power to be cooled passively. In short, its not gonna work. One last thing, check out how much that thing weights, thats heavy.

hmm ok i will just get a regular CPU fan then. Im getting out of watercooling so.. im going back to fans.

Why?? The thermaltake fanless heatsink is all looks and no performance, just like any thing from thermaltake.

well.. this is what happened. I have this compressor. Which i use to cool off the CPU. The antifreeze in it gets really cold. Well you know.. a copper block in a hot case+ very cold water flowing through it= condensation. Well that condensation dripped on my board. So now i need to get a new board. But its under warentee so.. But u know it was not a everyday watercooling system. It was geting the antifreeze to like 1 degree C. So... if anyone is worried about watercooling.. dont cause a regular system is not gonna cause condensation.

1C, not bad, not extreme either. Use more precautions against condensation and you should be fine, try google, there are some good guides out there.

well.. i insilated the tubing.. but im just gonna sell it on ebay. I just want a reliable cooling method.

"Revolver Ocelot..."

Why get that, when you can just get a 'Linthium Ion' cooler? It only cost's $1 on average. :cool:

Haha... 'fanless'... that's a lie. If you look on that same page just above the "Fanless OdB Heatpipe Cooling" it says with an asterisk: "*Rear case fan is required, enhance the air flow in the system", thus it is in fact not 'fanless' but rather 'less fan'... if you get what I'm saying. Still, I personally don't mind the noise, I usually have music blaring somewhere anyway :b ...More fans the better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom