i need an ocing guru!

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
ok i have many ques for ocing and i expect many awnsers!:mad: lol, i'm gonna build a new comp and i'm gonna get a 2500xp, and oc i think. now first of all is it safe to oc this and get it up to 3200? second, how hard and how much money does it take to oc? third, what do i need to keep this cpu ice? i think i read that the amd's run hot already but i may be misstaken. fourth, does ocing cause your cpu's life to come down? and fifth, what are the specs of the 2500xp suposed to be if i want to get a good clock?

A) what are your temps, case, cpu, ambient (room temps) please

B) It is safe to overclock to a degree. If you raise your vcore and vdimm, it becomes a lot less safe to overclock.

C) a nice oc would be 2.2ghz (200fsb (front side bus) x 11 multiplier)

D) your multiplier is most likely locked, so dont bother changing it.

E) Go in small increments, like 2mhz at a time. Remember to game for at least 10min after every 2mhz increment.

F) If it wont boot, try holding down the insert key during boot to reset the bios. If that fails, take out the cmos battery (little round metallic thing, that looks like a battery on your motherboard)

i don't know that yet, i'm going to be building it soon i hope. it's going to be a mid level gaming comp and now i must ask is ocing a 2500xp necessary for me? it's going to be a mid level gaming comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom