start up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
my computer restarts everytime it gets to the "windows is starting up" screen. This screens comes right after the huge "windows" logo school when i start up the computer. how can i fix this issue? thx

What have you done lately to start this? did you install something? or D/L something to cause this? (virus, malware, etc...) is this a new build? bought system? Some more info would be helpful in trying to determine what might be causing it, before we can give a possible answer.

i installed a program called zbrush 3.1 recently. did not download anything recently. semi new build (about 6 months). recently unplugged the linksys router in the back and plugged it back in. before the auto restarts i got a message in windows saying there's already a computer with the same name as the one i'm using on the network already. i have another laptop.

system is an intel core 2 dual e6300
2gigs ram
gigabyte mobo
custom built

it sounds as if Windows is corrupted at some point... you can try going into F8 "Safe mode" and see if that works. You can uninstall the zbrush (providing you have the CD) and see if the program itself was causing the crash. if that doesn't work, then if you can get into safe mode I would back up your files, then repair Windows itself.

safe mode works. zbrush doesn't seem to be causing the problem. I've backed up all my stuff. i'm going to format c: and reinstall windows bcuz i want to start off clean again. thanks for ur guys' help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom