Ram overclocking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
so I heard the golden ratio between Ram and CPU is 1:1. What I'm confused at is that if you can set the clock speed of the ram and the cpu seperately, why would the ratios even matter? I read an overclocking guide and was a bit confused. Since my CPU clock speed is 300 fsb ( when at load ) does that mean my ddr2 ram is only running at 600 mhz instead of 800?

no it means u have a 3:4 ratio that allows your FSB to be 300, and your RAM to be 400...cpu-z should show this ratio in the memory tab...u need to overclock your FSB to 400 or download your ram to 300 to achieve that 1:1 ratio....ratios help in overclocking when you have crap ram and need the ram to sit still while you overclock the processor...but then your memory would be bottlenecking the CPU

no it means u have a 3:4 ratio that allows your FSB to be 300, and your RAM to be 400...cpu-z should show this ratio in the memory tab...u need to overclock your FSB to 400 or download your ram to 300 to achieve that 1:1 ratio....ratios help in overclocking when you have crap ram and need the ram to sit still while you overclock the processor...but then your memory would be bottlenecking the CPU

How do I know my ram is set at 400 thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom