intel or AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, i have some ques on ocing and cooling and things of that nature that i'll post over in the oc forum, thanks for all of the help!

Well, you don't really need to overclock the 2500+. The 2500+ alone is enough to play Farcry at optimal performance (with the right graphics card).

is the 9800 pro the right video card? and is this farcry what about it? i've never heard of it except these forums? do you have to have the best to play it or somthing?

Farcry is a power-hungry game.
9800 Pro is good enough to play it.
You'll need a good computer to play it for sure (with out lag).

AMD cpu is the one to go for, 2500 is powerful, I like the Radeon 9800 Pro, they are very powerful card and can handle alot of top games. Far Cry is a shooter type game that is tough and adictive !!!!

hmmm, i may just look into it, sounds like a good game, everyone talks about it here! i need some thing to keep me bussy through summer! cool thanks for all the help guys, this is what i have chosen so far

case- thermaltake wingo with 420 watt ps(is that going to be enough?)

mobo-?

RAM-?

cpu- atlonxp 2500 333fsb 512 cashe

vid card- ATI radeon 9800 Pro

hdd- westren digital 80gig ide 7200rpm

rom- msi 52x/ dvd/cd-rw combo

that's it, i was hoping you guys could help me out with what's left, and if i'm missing any thing. with that case it has 5 fans, do all of them come with it? feel free to tell me if i should change anything i'm open to sugestions!

hey guys, is a surge protector worth the extra bills? if so why? and i also need to know what a good gaming monitor is if you could be so kind and tell me. remeber i'm trying to keep this a mid level gaming comp so i don't want it to cost alot. what kind of keyboard and mouse should i get? are there any cables i may be missing that come with the hardware?

if your going to get an amd, get the 3200+ they are the last ones made before the 64 bits and should last you alot longer then the 2500.. just make sure to not use the stock hs/fan and get a volcano or some other good hs/fan and use artic silver on it.

xxdryicexx said:
if your going to get an amd, get the 3200+ they are the last ones made before the 64 bits and should last you alot longer then the 2500.. just make sure to not use the stock hs/fan and get a volcano or some other good hs/fan and use artic silver on it.

Yeah, but the 2500+ is 50% cheaper and can easily be overclocked to a 3200+ with no problems, remember?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom