System not Starting Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I just replaced my heatsink from the stock AMD AM2 x2 4200+ one to a Ninja Rev 2.0 and my system wont start up... I think it might be a power supply problem but the ethernet port lights up (yellow indicating that its working) but when I press the power button nothing happens... I checked the power switch cables and replugged them in and nothing...

Normally... when I turn the power supply on and off, the fan turns on (on the PSU) with the three LED's, for a couple minutes before I turn on the PSU, however... after I installed the heatsink and switched on the power switch the fan did not spin but the LED's came on... after repeating the process (switching on and off) the leds began to systematically turn off...

For example, there are 3 LEDS, 1 blue, 1 red and 1 green. When I turned it on the first time, all three lit up with no fan moving... the next time the green light turned off, the next the blue and finally the red lit up... after i turned it off then and turned it back on the red led was incredibly dim... i turned it off and on again and it turned dark and all the lights are off...

Whats wrong?

is the HSF plugged in correctly? (if you don't have lots of room to work with, you might have only 2 pins connected, causing the problem.

Well its not plugged in at all, since the heatsink is supposed to work without one 0_0, but I have tried turning it on with the HSF plugged in, all 3 pins and its a no go...

I think the PSU might be dead... would it be possible for it to still provide power to light up the ethernet light and still be dead? I tried the paper clip trick or atleast attempted to and the PSU still didn't work... (I also tried it on my old PSU, 300 Watt and it worked... so I must be doing it right) however... the PSU in my pc doesnt have normal coloring (UV) so there are no black wires... however I found the green one and put the second part of the clip on the leftmost wire... however it still doesn't work

I'm about to try turning on the pc with my other PSU, anyone have any other tips or such?

UPDATE: I just tried my other PSU, the PC works fine... I guess the PSU died? any idea why? I came home today with the new heatsink (my pc was on) and I checked my email, then turned off the pc and installed the heatsink... now the PSU is dead or not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom