Tuniq tower fixed! Warning to the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i recall, I used to have a sunbeam electric blanket that almost burnt my house down. what happened was apparently, one of the wires on the inside was frayed, and contacted another, igniting the blanket....not cool sunbeam, I COULD HAVE BEEN WRAPPED IN THAT THING

I knew a guy who died that way. My friend's uncle was living in the back-house on their property - he was a cancer patient and at the time he was whacked out on chemo medications to help him sleep. The shack burnt down with him asleep inside. :freak: RIP

On a happier note, my Tuniq is doing the same thing as the OP.

When my fans were on a med/low combination, the tuniq was spinning between 1,000 & 2,200 RPM's for it's lowest and highest settings. I bumped all my fans to high and got down to 31degrees system temperature, but the tuniq now has a range of 200-700 RPM's instead. I have not yet verified if it will go back up when I lower the fan settings

I knew a guy who died that way. My friend's uncle was living in the back-house on their property - he was a cancer patient and at the time he was whacked out on chemo medications to help him sleep. The shack burnt down with him asleep inside. :freak: RIP

On a happier note, my Tuniq is doing the same thing as the OP.

When my fans were on a med/low combination, the tuniq was spinning between 1,000 & 2,200 RPM's for it's lowest and highest settings. I bumped all my fans to high and got down to 31degrees system temperature, but the tuniq now has a range of 200-700 RPM's instead. I have not yet verified if it will go back up when I lower the fan settings

what do you use to change your fans high/low?

have you tried looking at the board during shutdown to see if there are any error codes? FF is boot, so that is normal. if its anything else i'd check into it.

what do you mean look at the board during shut down? you mean the actual motherboard? The instructions for the mobo lists the various beep code combinations and what they mean but they don't have 1 long beep as a code ( what I get at shut down 90% of the time )

what do you use to change your fans high/low?

Each of my four case fans have three wires attached to them - two for power and one that ends in a small switch box that has L M H to indicate the speed.

So yes, I have to open the case to change fan speeds. The speeds are detailed in the manual. For my 200mm exhaust fan, it goes 400,600,800. For the smaller fans, it's more like 1400-2000

I like leaving the exhaust fan on high...since it's so big and the RPM's are so low, I can barely hear it.

Also I have no idea why the fans could POSSIBLY be telling the tuniq to slow down. The Tuniq is the ONLY fan plugged into the mobo (CPU_FAN). All other fans are connected via molex to the power supply, directly.

Thoughts?

P.S. I am also unclear as to the full actions taken by the OP. I'd like to know more. All I know is that the Tuniq connects using a 3 pin setup - the CPU_FAN area that receives it has 4 pins. The unused pin is for allowing the mainboard to automatically control the speed of the CPU fan. Since I'm not using that pin, I didn't think I'd have any variations.

Each of my four case fans have three wires attached to them - two for power and one that ends in a small switch box that has L M H to indicate the speed.

So yes, I have to open the case to change fan speeds. The speeds are detailed in the manual. For my 200mm exhaust fan, it goes 400,600,800. For the smaller fans, it's more like 1400-2000

I like leaving the exhaust fan on high...since it's so big and the RPM's are so low, I can barely hear it.

Also I have no idea why the fans could POSSIBLY be telling the tuniq to slow down. The Tuniq is the ONLY fan plugged into the mobo (CPU_FAN). All other fans are connected via molex to the power supply, directly.

Thoughts?

P.S. I am also unclear as to the full actions taken by the OP. I'd like to know more. All I know is that the Tuniq connects using a 3 pin setup - the CPU_FAN area that receives it has 4 pins. The unused pin is for allowing the mainboard to automatically control the speed of the CPU fan. Since I'm not using that pin, I didn't think I'd have any variations.

Heres what I did- When tuniq was in CPU_Fan RPMs- 500-1000 rpm

so I plugged it in PWR_Fan, now its RPM are 1000-2000 rpm

The 4th pin does nothing but maybe ground, all the other pin connectors are all 3 pin on the mobo. I'm guessing the DS3R mobo has power draw limits for you which is why all fans couldnt run at max rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom